Lowes says I'm not a veteran anymore

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

greasemonkey2275
Gold Member

Re: Lowes says I'm not a veteran anymore

Post by greasemonkey2275 »

jsburger wrote:What you said is not true. The store manager should have nothing to do with it. Now if the store manager wants to give vets with just a DD214 the daily discount I guess he can but he cannot deny those with a valid ID card the daily discount. If your store manager is a veteran he should know the corporate policy on the veterans discount.

The policy is everyone that is either active duty, retired or receiving VA compensation get the discount every day. They have a military ID card or a VA ID card. This applies to all family members with an ID card. All other vets without an ID card get the discount on Memorial day, Veterans day and the 4th of July by showing a copy of their DD214. It applies to the entire three day weekend for those holidays.

I don't know why there is so much confusion about this? The policy is clearly stated on the Lowes web site.

http://www.lowes.com/cd_In-Store+Servic ... 20Discount

"Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.

To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:

Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card.

Or:

Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).

We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.

The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales, or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee, or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice," or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.

1 Armed Services — US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, or the National Guard and who are in active, reserve, or retired status.
2 Retired Veterans and VA Recipients — Veterans who have retired after 20 years of service and/or those who receive VA Benefits
3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)"
I did not say that he was denying anyone; all active duty, retired or receiving VA compensation do get the discount every day, 365 days out of the year. What I was saying was that he chose to give discounts to all veterans who served more often than just the two Lowe's mandated days.
Jake

Spokane, WA
Shopsmith Mark V S/N: 354008 Born: 1958/Restored: 2015
Magna Bandsaw S/N: 31575 Born: 1956/Restored 2016
Magna Jointer S/N: 67527 Born: 1958/Restored: 2015
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

Thank all of those who served, no matter how long. I did a one tour hitch as a result of the 1968 draft and made 2 tours to Viet Nam on carriers. Yes, bird farms that floated. LOL But, I want to encourage all those vets who have hearing damage or other connected negative effects to visit your local VA treatment center and get on line with a doctor. Once you have a doctor and begin your treatments, you can qualify for a VA card. That card can then be used at your local Big Box stores. I often wear a hat that says I'm a Viet Nam vet and cashiers will offer me a discount. Not always at Lowe's or HD, but other local merchants. It is very different than when we came home. But, we won't go there.
Garys and others with hearing loss, use the VA. It is for you. I don't qualify.

Steve, the old Florida gator
patronsurveys
Bronze Member

Post by patronsurveys »

Sorry for the situations you have faced. Last time my uncle also got the unusual things at Lowes store.