upgrades

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

scottss
Gold Member

upgrades

Post by scottss »

Well I finally went ahead and ordered the bandsaw upgrade complete with fence, table ext., and circle cutter. The deal that shopsmith is offering is great and I managed to get in on the free shipping saving that money for other cool stuff. This upgrade has been in the works for over a year. I recently upgraded my 500 to 510 and still thinking of 520 or jointech system. Anybody else making the plunge?:D
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

scottss wrote:Well I finally went ahead and ordered the bandsaw upgrade complete with fence, table ext., and circle cutter. The deal that shopsmith is offering is great and I managed to get in on the free shipping saving that money for other cool stuff. This upgrade has been in the works for over a year. I recently upgraded my 500 to 510 and still thinking of 520 or jointech system. Anybody else making the plunge?:D
Scott
I haven't jumped yet but I have considered it many times. Besides the cost another major obstacle is if I change the Bandsaw table I will won't be able to store in it in the place I do now.

Besides all the talk about the overhead pin router has me interested in that that. :o
Ed
ksdaddio
Gold Member

510 to 520

Post by ksdaddio »

I took the plunge about 4 years ago, and upgraded to a 520. I was very pleased with the results, and have used the larger table and rip fence to my advantage quite often.

I can't say that I can justify the cost, but I was planning my retirement, and while my income was steady, I decided to "get ready".

I too have had a long look at t:confused: he overhead pin router, but haven't jumped either. I have three routers now, and the router set up for the Shopsmith, so adding one more just doesn't seem like the right thing to do, if you know what I mean.