Windows Snipping Tool

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

db5
Platinum Member

Windows Snipping Tool

Post by db5 »

I notice several members use Screenhunter to capture pictures. You might like the built in Snipping tool for Windows.

Here’s a link. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/snipping- ... ows-8-tips

I keep it available in my system tray. You can also create a hotkey.
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Re: Windows Snipping Tool

Post by tomsalwasser »

Shazam! I've been doing this the hard way. I click shift-Print Screen, then open photoshop, then paste my screen, then choose the area I want, then save it. This is slick. How have I never heard of this before? Thanks DB. New little scissors is now sitting in my tray :)
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

I always use the Snipping tool for Windows. It is so easy to use.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

joedw00 wrote:I always use the Snipping tool for Windows. It is so easy to use.
Ditto!!

Learned of it on this forum a while back.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

We use Snagit on some of our pc's at work. It works well and does not require you to paste the clipboard into another app.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I'm a long time fan of screenhunter and while in retirement I don't feel the need to spend money on the pro version or the plus version so I used the limited function free version. It really does what I want most of the time and have no reason to use anything else.

I have it set up on my task bar so I can access it and then do the capture really quickly followed by the program saving the capture to in my case my desktop where it is easy to find. Post that I use irfanview to add to or fix issues if need be.

I have over the year used several different programs with this function and really had to as MS was way behind on adding that function to windows. So as punishment to them I don't use there snipping tool. No that is not true, I do use it but not much but that is due to old habits.

So maybe a few of you would like to check out screenhunter and if you can afford the pro version go for it, $40 last I checked but it is a very powerful tool. The free version is of course $0.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I have been 'converted'! :D

Love the hotkey!!!

And the crosshair mini window.

And the automatic save to directory* in addition to clipboard.

And whatever else I have not yet uncovered. :cool:

* aka folder :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
S Brian
Gold Member

Post by S Brian »

I used Snagit at work also, but after I retired I didn't want to spend the $$, so I did some searching and found Screenpresso. There is a free version and an enhanced version for $$. You can add symbols and text to your capture. I like it.
Brian
Mark V-500 Purchased New In 1980, SS Bandsaw (free), SS Jointer, SS 6x48 Belt Sander (free), SS Storage Station (free), Powermatic 64A Table Saw, Powermatic 1140F Drill Press, Delta 46-460 Midi-Lathe, Delta Scrollsaw, Bosch 12" Dual Compound Miter Saw, MLCS Router Table w/Bosch Router, Penn State dust collector.
quiclee1
Bronze Member

Post by quiclee1 »

Windows snipping tool is used to capture screenshot on windows. You can open snipping tool by searching "snipping tool" in windows 10 search bar.

SOURCE: Snipping tool for windows 10
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

I always use the Snipping tool for Windows.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless