Shopsmith Bandsaw Bearings

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

goodolesmitty
Bronze Member

Post by goodolesmitty »

backhertz wrote:
The lower wheel has what looks to be an idler assy shaft. The markings are: 885144 A Japan OPC. I Googled it and found this is a common water pump assembly part.

Tony

Hi Tony, I saw this old post/thread and wanted to ask: Did you ever have any luck finding this part ?

(lower band saw bearing shaft assembly)

John ~S.F. Bay area

10ER #39030 (+ 3 more), Mark V 1980, 10ER Jointer, A-34 Jigsaw I'm testing, 10ER SPT mount for Bandsaw, Belt sander, Scroll Saw
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

goodolesmitty wrote:Hi Tony, I saw this old post/thread and wanted to ask: Did you ever have any luck finding this part ?

(lower band saw bearing shaft assembly)

John ~S.F. Bay area

10ER #39030 (+ 3 more), Mark V 1980, 10ER Jointer, A-34 Jigsaw I'm testing, 10ER SPT mount for Bandsaw, Belt sander, Scroll Saw
In addition to seeking a replacement by part number - begin a search on dimensions and seal characteristics. Many part numbers are manufacturer specific. Shopsmith bearing part numbers are an example.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
backhertz
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Bandsaw Bearings

Post by backhertz »

Am way behind in my responses. Never found out any more information. But did one better. Started spending time with Bill Mayo. Taught me things like how to pull out the start winding in most headstock motors & cross connect a DPDT switch to have both forward & reverse along with other SHK- school of hard knocks secrets.

Bill is gone now, but his wife is still trying to find a home for all his Shopsmith stuff. He must of had a dozen modified motors ready to go along with all kinds of bearings, nuts, bolts, etc for Mark Vs going.

Problem is he lived in Plant City, Florida.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Bandsaw Bearings

Post by JPG »

WTH?????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange