What are these called?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

c2h6o
Gold Member

What are these called?

Post by c2h6o »

I am looking for a source of metal accent items that can be attached to cutting boards or bowls for accent or perhaps unique handles. What I see in commercial products, these items have shapes of lobster, shrimp, cattle horns, etc--made out of metal like pewter. I have attached a picture of an example. As a class I don't know what they are called. Also looking for a source as well. They are not a typical drawer pull-much more than that.
Attachments
cutting board accent.jpg
cutting board accent.jpg (100.22 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: What are these called?

Post by ERLover »

I would look at a cabinet hardware place, something like that is used for a coat/hat rack. Rockler sells a lot of that stuff on there web site.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

c2h6o wrote:I am looking for a source of metal accent items that can be attached to cutting boards or bowls for accent or perhaps unique handles. What I see in commercial products, these items have shapes of lobster, shrimp, cattle horns, etc--made out of metal like pewter. I have attached a picture of an example. As a class I don't know what they are called. Also looking for a source as well. They are not a typical drawer pull-much more than that.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=lo ... ORM=HDRSC2

There are all kinds of decorative drawer pulls. Places like restoration hardware, crate & barrel, rockler, woodcraft, and many cabinet places will have a decent selection
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

I think they are "Longhorns". :D :D :D
Bill V
john_001
Gold Member

Post by john_001 »

I've seen similar ones as hood or grill ornaments, so you might try searching on longhorn hood ornament.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

You could try lamp finials.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

OK I will be serious now
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-CAST-IRON-ST ... Swo6lWHvMJ
Try this link
Bill V
c2h6o
Gold Member

Post by c2h6o »

Thank you. Do you happened know as a class what these accent elements are called? For example there is a class of items called Conchos that are used in leather making. Many different designs and styles. I am interested in wide range of styles for my woodworking, not just cattle. Things like shrimp, lobster, crabs for bowls and fish heads for flat serving boards for example.