power station parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

whsewardiv
Gold Member

power station parts

Post by whsewardiv »

i just acquired a power station with bandsaw from CL, the guy said it ran but the speed control keeps falling out. when i got it home and apart to investigate i found that the shaft from the speed control is missing the screw (#73), special washer (#74), and bushing (#44). i can figure out the screw and washer but the bushing might be interesting...anyone have any ideas, i contacted the mother ship but was told they don't carry parts for it. any help is greatly appreciated.
IMG_1289.JPG
IMG_1289.JPG (1.58 MiB) Viewed 9238 times
IMG_1290.JPG
IMG_1290.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 9238 times
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: power station parts

Post by jsburger »

whsewardiv wrote:i just acquired a power station with bandsaw from CL, the guy said it ran but the speed control keeps falling out. when i got it home and apart to investigate i found that the shaft from the speed control is missing the screw (#73), special washer (#74), and bushing (#44). i can figure out the screw and washer but the bushing might be interesting...anyone have any ideas, i contacted the mother ship but was told they don't carry parts for it. any help is greatly appreciated.
IMG_1289.JPG
IMG_1290.JPG

That is really interesting since it is still listed in the catalog. Currently unavailable like a lot of things but still listed.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

I have a Power Station Housing with the speed control handle, shaft and gear. This was left over from my conversion of the Power Station. I also have a carriage assembly available. My Power Station is now a MINI with a reversible motor in the Mark V headstock. A picture can be seen with a search for Shopsmith Mark V MINI Power Station. Contact me if interested. Thanks.
whsewardiv
Gold Member

Post by whsewardiv »

does anyone have a power station the are willing to part out or at least dismantle and measure the bushings so i can have them machined
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

whsewardiv wrote:does anyone have a power station the are willing to part out or at least dismantle and measure the bushings so i can have them machined
Did you check with billmayo. Reference the immediately preceding post. It sounds like he has what you need.

I'll look tomorrow to see if I can get to the bushings to which you refer without too much difficulty.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

Dusty, when the heat is on, by yoy, and it is a "dry Heat" you are here in the house taking care of all here!!! :) High 80s, low 90s but a 74 dew point :eek: here.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

#44 Is used twice.

Are you short BOTH of them?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
whsewardiv
Gold Member

Post by whsewardiv »

dusty wrote:
whsewardiv wrote:does anyone have a power station the are willing to part out or at least dismantle and measure the bushings so i can have them machined
Did you check with billmayo. Reference the immediately preceding post. It sounds like he has what you need.

I'll look tomorrow to see if I can get to the bushings to which you refer without too much difficulty.

Yea we were messaging back and forth but he hasn't responded in a few days

JPG. yes I'm short both bushings
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Send another e-mail. Do not be reluctant to 'repeat'. Wait a few days in between.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

dusty wrote:

I am sorry. I went to the shop this morning to evaluate what needed to be done. I am not willing to do the tear down that would be necessary. There was a time when I had the necessary enthusiasm to do such a tear down but I fear that enthusiasm has eluded me.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.