Happy Father's Day

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Bruce
Platinum Member

Happy Father's Day

Post by Bruce »

To all you fathers out there, Happy Father's Day!
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Bruce wrote:To all you fathers out there, Happy Father's Day!

Thank you Bruce and the same wishes go out to all the other Shopsmith fathers that may read this.

Have fun making sawdust and be safe.:)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

dusty wrote:Thank you Bruce and the same wishes go out to all the other Shopsmith fathers that may read this.
Well said Dusty! and Thank you Bruce! As I sit here this morning and view the 'Celebrations' (Television) of Tim Russert, I can't help but lament and review what a wonderful Father can be! Although not a Catholic, and not an Easterner, and not a Journalist, nor a Lawyer - I can certainly relate to his life and those good Fathers and great friends I have been lucky enough to cross paths with.

I hope, and again become aware, that our role in all of the aspects of our lives can be as "good fathers", in the greater sense. Thank you Shopsmith and the Academy, and thank you to all of the participants, for making this forum work, and guiding us in our hobby!

P.S. I miss Ed (reible)!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Father's Day is a grand way to celebrate! Others have already done a good job expressing the feeling of the day; I wood just like to add that on this day we should also think about the wives and children, whom without, we wood not be celebrating. I am thankful that I have both, a wonderful wife of 29 years, and 4 great children to help me enjoy "my" day.:D Happy Father's Day!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

Yes indeed, happy father's day.
charlese wrote:P.S. I miss Ed (reible)!
What happened to Ed? I was away from the forum for a while. Did I miss something?

Paul
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed is still making his own saw dust and continues to give good advise to those who are interested. He has recently added a big yellow router table to his equipment list along with a new sliding table.

No one will ever miss his contributions more than I believe we do here.:(
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Bruce wrote:To all you fathers out there, Happy Father's Day!
It was truly a good one for me. We had our metal roof painted last week and the crane that was used was still here. After reading the instruction manual my son, who works in maintainance and I took it up for some pictures above the roofline. Got some very nice pics. I figured since the machine wasn't yet picked up and I'm paying for it, I may as well get some use out of it! Sure would help with tree trimming!

BPR