Creating multi-colored wiring diagrams in Visio 2013

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

As part of my efforts to create meaningful wiring diagrams for 1960's Shopsmith Mark VII various motors and connectivity, I had to develop a method to create multi-colored wiring diagrams.

While I am no where near finished with the manual restorations, and will release nothing on it until I have given JPG ample time to review, edit, revise, correct and suppliment what I produce, I will show you how I created multi-colored wiring diagrams in Visio 2013 for those Forum Members who can use them, or adapt them in a manner to achieve something similar.

They are part of the Visio 2013 file: Master Wiring Colors with Tracers.VSDX

You may download the VSDX file from my Google Drive at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1p8_ ... nk1ZVl5eU0

The PDF file attached to this post is a complete documentation of how I did it.

Everett
Section 1 Illustration 1.png
Section 1 Illustration 1.png (149.6 KiB) Viewed 2545 times
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: Creating multi-colored wiring diagrams in Visio 2013

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Thanks Everett, those look fantastic! My personal home seat of Visio is 2007, so not compatible. But I pulled out the work laptop, which has a seat of Visio 2013 installed, and was able to load your .vsdx file and copy the connectors, no problem.

Am too brain-dead at this late hour to study your instructional PDF, but will do that and try to spruce up some control-box drawings later this week.

Thanks again!
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:Thanks Everett, those look fantastic! My personal home seat of Visio is 2007, so not compatible. But I pulled out the work laptop, which has a seat of Visio 2013 installed, and was able to load your .vsdx file and copy the connectors, no problem.

Am too brain-dead at this late hour to study your instructional PDF, but will do that and try to spruce up some control-box drawings later this week.

Thanks again!

You are very welcome. The nice thing in Visio is that you can save in a PDF format which preserves edits, and is then sharable with anyone.

I hope they prove useful to many folks.

Everett
w5amt
Bronze Member

Post by w5amt »

Hi Everett,
The link to the template https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1p8_ ... nk1ZVl5eU0 is no longer valid. Would it be possible to send me an updated link or the file if applicable. I am using Visio Pro 2016. Thank you kindly.

Wayne
Exhale4288
Bronze Member

Post by Exhale4288 »

Hi Everett,

Also found the *.vsdx link to your Google Drive is not working. Would you be kind enough to send me the file or an updated link.
Thanks,

Scott
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

A PM to Everett would be more appropriate and likely more successful(maybe).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange