JPG
Platinum Member

Re: How to Post a Picture

Post by JPG »

FWIW some posts have been deleted.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
joelgardner
Gold Member

Post by joelgardner »

Can anyone tell me how to embed a youtube video in a comment on this forum?

It seems like the [youtube][/youtube] tags don"t work, but i see videos getting embedded.

Example with the youtube tag -
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49HwV_ThynQ[/youtube]
Joel Gardner
1948 SS 10E #1143
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

joelgardner wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:02 pm Can anyone tell me how to embed a youtube video in a comment on this forum?

It seems like the [youtube][/youtube] tags don"t work, but i see videos getting embedded.

Example with the youtube tag -
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49HwV_ThynQ[/youtube]
There’s a simple trick, which RPD documented in this post.
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

Kevin's spam is reported
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
Gold Member

Post by MODERATOR »

Please explain WHY Kevin's post is SPAM!

Never mind, I found it! Kevin1 is history.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Reported spam link from kirito
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

IIRC prosilver was an option for a previous version of the board software.

I believe the thread is applicable to the current board software.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

levitaylor wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:17 am Can you guys clarify whether these instructions are applicable to attaching pictures on the Shopsmith Forum using the prosilver version of the forum software?
It seems that there have been changes in the format and capabilities, so I'm seeking confirmation.
I see what you did there. Sneaky. Spam reported.

HE GONE! ;)
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
Robert2
Bronze Member

Post by Robert2 »

jpdalton wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:20 pm The software is rotating my pictures when I try to add them to a post (they go from portrait to landscape). Anyone know how to prevent this??
It sounds like the software you're using to add pictures to your post is automatically rotating them. To prevent this, you can try manually rotating the pictures to the correct orientation before adding them. Most photo editing tools or even your device's built-in photo viewer should allow you to do this.

Link deleted
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

The 'problem' is the forum software IGNORES the orientation indicated in the meta data. The workaround is to either edit the pix using an editor or to ALWAYS use landscope mode when taking the pix.

i.e. the forum always assumes landscape mode.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝