How to Post a Picture

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

br549
Platinum Member

How to Post a Picture

Post by br549 »

This seemingly simple task is at times confusing for new users and not so new forum users ... hope this helps. If I have omitted any important information, please let me know.

NOTE: If using prosilver version of the forum software, see https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 71#p252371

EDITED 12/9/2020: With the recent changes to the Shopsmith Forum format, and elimination of the 4 different Board Preferences, attached is an updated guide of how to attach a picture. The phpBB forum software is now much more similar to the previous ProSilver version. The maximum size per attachment has increased from 2 MB to 3MiB (approximately 3 MB). I have not been able to determine a maximum allowable pixel dimension in width or height ... the 3 MiB limit seems to be the only size restriction. Total number of attachments allowed remains at 10. And, as before, any rotating or resizing of the pictures still needs to be done BEFORE attaching or adding files. Use the "Preview" button to be sure your pictures are appearing correcting before clicking "Submit".
Attachments
How To Post a Pix-SEE UPDATED PICTURE BELOW.jpg
How To Post a Pix-SEE UPDATED PICTURE BELOW.jpg (88.85 KiB) Viewed 16273 times
How To Post a Pix UPDATED for phpBB Forum Software.jpg
How To Post a Pix UPDATED for phpBB Forum Software.jpg (60.42 KiB) Viewed 16273 times
Last edited by br549 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: How to Post a Picture

Post by JPG »

br549 wrote:This seemingly simple task is at times confusing for new users and not so new forum users ... hope this helps. If I have omitted any important information, please let me know.
Including 'this' would help. :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
br549
Platinum Member

Post by br549 »

You are so quick! After posting picture I noticed a typo in the text I added, do deleted attachment to fix it and then re-attached it.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

br549 wrote:You are so quick! After posting picture I noticed a typo in the text I added, do deleted attachment to fix it and then re-attached it.
Now 'that' is an improvement over the 'original'! :cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

This is a helpful post and it's a good time to bring it closer to the top. Thanks JPG for reminding us it exists.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

If you see this post, just ignore it because this is just a test to see if it works when using ProSilver.
american-eagle-usa-flag.jpg
american-eagle-usa-flag.jpg (141.07 KiB) Viewed 61707 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Well it worked but the procedure is nowhere the same when using ProSilver.

I also suspect that where the image originates and how(where) it was archived could make a difference.

I am now using Windows 10 and the built in photo ap which I will recommend to no one.

However - does support some quality images.
20180924_110005.jpg
20180924_110005.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 61707 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

To get a "straight answer" - please detail which Board Preference you want to use.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Like so many things, I have become familiar with ProSilver and the other Preferences, though they do work as described, seem clumsy to me. I will stick with ProSilver.

I have also reduced the resolution on my camera so that those photos are stored in a format/size that is compatible to forum posting restrictions. If I am taking pictures that I do not expect to post to the forum (or anywhere where there are restrictions), I increase the native resolution.

Remember, once a picture is taken the resulting resolution can be decreased but it cannot be increased.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
br549
Platinum Member

Post by br549 »

After seeing this brought back to life, thought I might do an update with screenshots of what the procedure is with the other Board Preferences, namely ProSilver and SubSilver2. I also tried the Shopsmith1, and couldn't discern any real difference between it and the basic Shopsmith Board Preference.

With any of the Board Preferences, the same general limits apply as to picture size (2050 dpi max wide x 1180 dpi max tall x 2 MB max) and total of 10 pictures per post.

Each of the Board Preferences has its own look and feel, some showing more and some showing less info, or showing the same info in a different location or format.
Attachments
How To Post a Pix Using ProSilver.jpg
How To Post a Pix Using ProSilver.jpg (140.42 KiB) Viewed 61621 times
How To Post a Pix Using SubSilver2.jpg
How To Post a Pix Using SubSilver2.jpg (231.57 KiB) Viewed 61621 times