Accessory Stand / Storage Station

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jdonovan
Gold Member

Accessory Stand / Storage Station

Post by jdonovan »

Looking to get a copy of the manual for the storage station/ accessory stand (parts #'s) and also the measurement of the top. Thanks in advance..Joe
Attachments
th3C6C6TON.jpg
th3C6C6TON.jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 13615 times
sawdustfun
Silver Member

Re: Accessory Stand / Storage Station

Post by sawdustfun »

Hi Joe, looking at an old post from you regarding info on the shopsmith accessory stand. Did you ever get the information you requested ? I don't have it myself but would be interested in a copy also

Bob
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I have one of the STP Accessory Stands (shown below) but no parts list or any printed material. Mine was made in January of 2004. I would have to go out to the shop for measurements and it's pouring down rain right now so it will have to wait. It does use the same Retractable Casters as the Mark 5/V models, new Mark 7 and Mark 4. I will have to check if it uses the spacers like the Power Station & Power Stands do.

_
Accessory Stand - Bandsaws.jpg
Accessory Stand - Bandsaws.jpg (198.04 KiB) Viewed 8151 times
The center Mounting Base is rotated from normal to have the middle Bandsaw face the same as the outer two.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
sawdustfun
Silver Member

Post by sawdustfun »

I was able to get 4 legs from shopsmith during the free freight sale. Like you mentioned I'm pretty sure the casters will require spacers like on a power station. I have access to a sheet metal brake that will bend up to 12ga steel. Would need the size of the top flat surface & how wide the verticle overhang is that the legs are bolted to. Thanks a bunch. Absolutely NO hurry.

Bob
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Bob,

Here are the dimensions for the Top of the SPT Accessory Stand. You cannot see it in the picture I posted previously but there is a horizontal angle brace on each end between the legs in the same location above the Retractable Casters as the Power Station stand. The top size is similar to the top of the Power Station except 48" wide. It is 12-1/2" Deep and does use the same legs as my Power Stations have. The sides of the top are 3" high with the same angle as the Power Station and I believe would be the same as Power Stands. Sorry I am not able to get the angle for the top to the sides. My angle finder is somewhere in the shop but I haven't found it since moving. The Retractable Casters do use the spacers.

Since you are making one you could go longer or shorter than the 48" width. If you go longer, I would recommend extra bracing front and back.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
sawdustfun
Silver Member

Post by sawdustfun »

Russ, you may get this twice. I thought I posted a reply to you but it appears to have disappeared into cyberspace. Anyway, thank you for the information, it's exactly what I needed. I'll keep a material list and cost accounting of the project. Then I'll need to learn how to post pictures.

Thanks again Bob