Web Site Changes

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Web Site Changes

Post by a1gutterman »

I just experienced something strange. While browsing this site, all of a sudden I started to have a little trouble: The site was frozen. Then the owners page came up, but it was totally different. Then when I tried to move to a different page, it froze again. I was not able to access the SS site at all. Now, sometime later, I was able to get back on, but the owners page is the same as it used to be. Very strange.:confused:
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

You probably tried to access us right in the midst of an outgoing e-mail. If I rememeber correctly, marketing is sending out the announcement about Sawdaut Session #21 this evening. Goes out to 100,000+ people. That sorta stresses out the server.

With all good wishes,
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

a1gutterman wrote:I just experienced something strange. While browsing this site, all of a sudden I started to have a little trouble: The site was frozen. Then the owners page came up, but it was totally different. Then when I tried to move to a different page, it froze again. I was not able to access the SS site at all. Now, sometime later, I was able to get back on, but the owners page is the same as it used to be. Very strange.:confused:
Me Too! But now working again. At 7:04 I posted and from then on ALL the Shopsmith sites were unreachable by Windows Internet Explorer. Other site were reachable, so I guessed it was a temporary Shopsmith issue.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I had the same problem.

I was frustrated with a SS service related issue and had just written a book that was intended to be a PM to Nick. When I tried to send it - no luck. Lost contact with Shopsmith completely.

Went to bed. Issue doesn't seem to be worth talking about this morning.

All is well.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.