Adding a new Incra fence

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RAnst4038
Bronze Member

Re: Adding a new Incra fence

Post by RAnst4038 »

Thanks Mason, I have a 5 gal bucket stuffed with that. Left over from the $100 used tinker set I bought to build my Street Nut cart. Never would have thought to use it with ShopSmith.

BlueViffer
Gold Member

Post by BlueViffer »

DSC_4196.jpg
DSC_4196.jpg (291.66 KiB) Viewed 24958 times
I have been working with the new to me Incra system on the SS this week. Got my router table made almost finished with it. Today I decided to adapt the SS out feed table to the new rails of the Incra system so here are a few pictures. It is a win win a couple of bolts and washers some 1/2 inch plywood and the already had out feed table. No dollars spent but a little time.

Vince
Attachments
DSC_4197.jpg
DSC_4197.jpg (279.73 KiB) Viewed 24958 times
DSC_4198.jpg
DSC_4198.jpg (258.82 KiB) Viewed 24958 times
DSC_4199.jpg
DSC_4199.jpg (258 KiB) Viewed 24958 times
DSC_4200.jpg
DSC_4200.jpg (327.59 KiB) Viewed 24958 times
DSC_4201.jpg
DSC_4201.jpg (303.46 KiB) Viewed 24958 times
mmcdonough
Gold Member

Post by mmcdonough »

Very nice. I like the idea of the outfeed table.

Mike
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Very Nice Setup. I really like how you have employed the second main table. The extra miter tracks, it seems, would be very helpful. Maybe a bit touchy to get set parallel to one another but worth it.

As for the outfeed table...I see it as absolutely necessary.

Changing depth of cut...well, I just don't know.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
BlueViffer
Gold Member

Post by BlueViffer »

I decided to add a safety on off switch instead of reaching under the table to the switch on the motor. When I need to change speed I can still reach under and do that but I thought it was a little safer with the new switch. Changing depth of cut is easy with the two carriages.
Attachments
20190523_132827-2.jpg
20190523_132827-2.jpg (847.53 KiB) Viewed 24770 times
20190523_132850-2.jpg
20190523_132850-2.jpg (884.64 KiB) Viewed 24770 times
20190523_132945-2.jpg
20190523_132945-2.jpg (585.5 KiB) Viewed 24770 times
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Very nice!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

I agree...very nice! I wish I could dedicate my one Shopsmith to a setup like this. This is exactly what I would like to setup with the Incra positioner and the router insert.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
BlueViffer
Gold Member

Post by BlueViffer »

RFGuy wrote:I agree...very nice! I wish I could dedicate my one Shopsmith to a setup like this. This is exactly what I would like to setup with the Incra positioner and the router insert.
I am going to get the Incra Wonder fence this summer. With this setup I can move the positioner over and use it for the router table too. I can take this down easily and use one of the accessories in the background.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

BlueViffer wrote: I am going to get the Incra Wonder fence this summer. With this setup I can move the positioner over and use it for the router table too. I can take this down easily and use one of the accessories in the background.
So, how do you take the table off? I assume you can easily remove the Incra positioner and set it aside. Then do you lift the entire table assembly (Incra rails, Shopsmith table, Shopmsith floating tables, router insert) off as one piece? What is the weight of that entire assembly? How do you get it to clear the 2 carriages? I mean with the weight of it, I would expect after you crank up both carriages that it would tend to want to stay captive pressing down in the carriages rack and pinion. Am I wrong? Just thinking it through in my mind, the only way I could see doing this myself is if I rigged up some kind of hoist from the ceiling to help with getting it on and off the Shopsmith. Let me know how you do it...maybe you have a more elegant or clever solution. Would love to know if this setup is more accessible so that I might try it.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

RFGuy wrote:
BlueViffer wrote: I am going to get the Incra Wonder fence this summer. With this setup I can move the positioner over and use it for the router table too. I can take this down easily and use one of the accessories in the background.
So, how do you take the table off? I assume you can easily remove the Incra positioner and set it aside. Then do you lift the entire table assembly (Incra rails, Shopsmith table, Shopmsith floating tables, router insert) off as one piece? What is the weight of that entire assembly? How do you get it to clear the 2 carriages? I mean with the weight of it, I would expect after you crank up both carriages that it would tend to want to stay captive pressing down in the carriages rack and pinion. Am I wrong? Just thinking it through in my mind, the only way I could see doing this myself is if I rigged up some kind of hoist from the ceiling to help with getting it on and off the Shopsmith. Let me know how you do it...maybe you have a more elegant or clever solution. Would love to know if this setup is more accessible so that I might try it.
+1

Are the black knobs under the tables used to allow removal of all the incra stuff from the tables in one piece?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange