Return from vacation

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Return from vacation

Post by ryanbp01 »

Hello to all of my Shopsmith friends (that's all of you):

I just got back from the Black Hills area (South Dakota/Wyoming) on Saturday. Cacti were in full bloom in the Badlands. Took my laptop along to keep up with what was going on here but there was simply too much to see and do. That, plus the fact the hotel's internet was down all the time we were there.Gas prices were about forty cents per gallon cheaper there than they were around home. Also, there was talk of that area being in an 8 year drought. After seeing the amount of rain that was received I think that's a thing of the past.One of the things I caught myself doing was estimating how many board feet I could get out of a Ponderosa Pine log! Anyway, this morning was spent getting caught up on all of the past week's posts. Sure has been great reading! Time to go to the shop and start construction on a train layout.

BPR
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

I love that part of the country! Image There is nothing like seeing Devil's Rock, Wind Cave, Jewel Cave, Mt. Rushmore and the like! I had my first taste of Buffalo steak in South Dakota, about 15 years ago. It was great!
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.