FedEx Strikes Again....

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

chiroindixon
Gold Member

FedEx Strikes Again....

Post by chiroindixon »

I had hoped to post a review of the LeeValley/Veritas digital angle finder that was discussed in another thread.

Other members have reported bad luck with FedEx....I got my dose yesterday. Using the computer tracking system, I saw that my digital toy had been due to be at my door in Iowa in the morning. A check later found my tool headed to Orlando, FL. I guess it can think and speak and asked to go to Disneyland for the holiday weekend. Hmm...It made New York, got to Ohio, then sent south? New arrival estimate is 8 July.

An email to LeeValley customer service got me a prompt apology and assurance my complaint was forwarded to FedEx. I was told my account now has a note that all further orders are to be shipped via UPS. However, if I order on line, there is another section I must access to make that choice. So guys and gals, you can make a choice.

I know that any bashing of a USA company goes poorly here, but this is not the first time FedEx has messed up a delivery of mine. Living out in rural Iowa the delivery services are counted on. UPS on the other hand, has been great.

Personally, I am FedUp with FedEx. I will not use them if I have any other alternative. My money is better spent with Brown.

Doc
weelildaddy

Post by weelildaddy »

Doc

Maybe it was just an isolated case but of course frustrating at best. I just received a SS Strip Sander and a sharpening jig from SS via FedEx from Dayton to middle Ga. in 2 1/2 days which for me, was a record from both SS and Fed Ex. I'm sorry that happened to you because I'm sure you're like me when you know something new is comming....we become like a child with a new toy heehee.

Speaking of Lee Valley, is this the first time you have ordered from them? They have several little goodies I want that I can't seem to find elsewhere but have not established a relationship with them yet. From your remarks, it sounds like they are very aware of good customer care.

Arno
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

weelildaddy wrote:Doc

Maybe it was just an isolated case but of course frustrating at best. I just received a SS Strip Sander and a sharpening jig from SS via FedEx from Dayton to middle Ga. in 2 1/2 days which for me, was a record from both SS and Fed Ex. I'm sorry that happened to you because I'm sure you're like me when you know something new is comming....we become like a child with a new toy heehee.

Speaking of Lee Valley, is this the first time you have ordered from them? They have several little goodies I want that I can't seem to find elsewhere but have not established a relationship with them yet. From your remarks, it sounds like they are very aware of good customer care.

Arno
Lee Valley from all reports is most excellent. Have a customer support that is fantastic and many products that simply can't be found elsewhere.
Ed
horologist
Gold Member

Post by horologist »

Ed,

Lee Valley is a good source. While I have frequently had problems with my orders they alway take care of them in a prompt professional manner.

Troy
barbandrob
Gold Member

Post by barbandrob »

Sorry that happened to you, Doc. I know how much I anticipate my packages and that would have driven me straight out of my gourd.

To be honest, though, I have never once had a problem with FedEx and I get a LOT of packages. UPS, on the other hand, has damaged a number of boxes and their drivers have TWICE opened small packages and stolen the contents at Christmas time (leaving the open, empty boxes on the porch - the unmitigated GALL). I no longer order anthing that comes in a small package anywhere near Christmas. Working with jewelry and gemstones, that kinda cramps my (business) style, but I'd rather wait for January than have a one of a kind gem stolen by some creep they hired off the street to help them get all the extra deliveries taken care of.

USPS seems to take good care of packages, as long as you register and/or insure them. Usually cheaper too (in my experience).
Barb B.
Washington, DC
1989 Mark V 510/520 upgrade with ALL (and I do mean ALL) the fixin's!!
jbillups
Gold Member

Post by jbillups »

USP is american isnt?