VA ID Card

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Re: VA ID Card

Post by wrmnfzy »

Yes. I was told policy is 5-6 business days but due to heavy volume don't expect anything for 2-3 weeks. I appreciated the honesty.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

wrmnfzy wrote:I've been trying since November to get mine and have gotten bounced from one place to another. Currently I have been sent to DEERS since they did not verify my service and from there I have been sent to IRIS who have now told me they will be back in touch with me in five business days but not to expect to hear from them for 2 to 3 weeks due to the volume they are receiving.
I assume you mean the IRS. I have no idea why the IRS would have anything to do with your status as a Vet. DEERS is where your veteran status is verified. That is a DOD data base. I assume that is what VA uses to verify your status. If you are not in DEERS that is not the VA's problem. It is a DOD issue.

I would contact Deers again. It should be a simple as sending them a copy of your DD-214.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Skizzity
Gold Member

Re: RE: Re: VA ID Card

Post by Skizzity »

jsburger wrote:
wrmnfzy wrote:I've been trying since November to get mine and have gotten bounced from one place to another. Currently I have been sent to DEERS since they did not verify my service and from there I have been sent to IRIS who have now told me they will be back in touch with me in five business days but not to expect to hear from them for 2 to 3 weeks due to the volume they are receiving.
I assume you mean the IRS. I have no idea why the IRS would have anything to do with your status as a Vet. DEERS is where your veteran status is verified. That is a DOD data base. I assume that is what VA uses to verify your status. If you are not in DEERS that is not the VA's problem. It is a DOD issue.

I would contact Deers again. It should be a simple as sending them a copy of your DD-214.
Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) ??
PowerPro Mark 7, 11" Bandsaw, 4" Jointer, 12" Professional Planer, DC3300 Dust Collector, DW745, DW718 w/ DW723 and a DW788 w/ DW7880.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: RE: Re: VA ID Card

Post by jsburger »

Skizzity wrote:
jsburger wrote:

Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) ??
Very interesting. I have never heard of that. I guess because I have never had a problem with DEERS or the VA.

From their web sits...

https://iris.custhelp.com/app/answers/d ... -trying-to
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I got an email saying that I should try getting the ID card again and give more instructions. It didn't work. They have an email where you can let them know what error message you are getting and they will try and help. I sent them the quote and got an automatic response so it time to wait again.

If this ever works I'll let everyone know unless I'm in a nursing home by them and don't have access to the forum.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Times they are changing.

I was in Lowes today and attempted to use my AF ID for the discount. It didn't work. The clerk told me I had to get registered with customer service and then I would be eligible.

I had a small bill and was in a hurry so I passed. I'll go get brought up to date when I have time.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:Times they are changing.

I was in Lowes today and attempted to use my AF ID for the discount. It didn't work. The clerk told me I had to get registered with customer service and then I would be eligible.

I had a small bill and was in a hurry so I passed. I'll go get brought up to date when I have time.
It has been that way here for some time now. What you get is a MyLowe's account with a card. It is not a credit card it just has a bar code on it that identifies your account. Your veterans status is registered to this account. You will also get a couple stick on bar codes. I stuck one on my debit card that I use 99% of the time. Just scan the bar code and your items and the 10% discount is automatically applied. It is really very convenient.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

reible wrote:I got an email saying that I should try getting the ID card again and give more instructions. It didn't work. They have an email where you can let them know what error message you are getting and they will try and help. I sent them the quote and got an automatic response so it time to wait again.

If this ever works I'll let everyone know unless I'm in a nursing home by them and don't have access to the forum.

Ed
I've been trying since November 2017 and still don't have mine. I have been sent to at least 4 initialed organizations and one credit bureau company and finally have been told all my info is correct and up to date but still get error message and am waiting for a final answer from the HELP desk.
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

dusty wrote:Times they are changing.

You can also register on Lowes' website. I did it that way as I also did not have time to do it while at the store.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

jsburger wrote:

Nope, it is IRIS.