Power station Refurb

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jpg40504 wrote:I have been just DRAGGING it from the attachment list to the text area. More than one way to skin a cat]THANK YOU!!![/SIZE]
I see that you have also added some nuts and washers. Did that make it any easier. Your belts must be tighter now, too because you added these parts the motor is down just a bit (1/4" - 1/2").

When I put mine back together this morning I moved the motor down some also. I also used some two sided tape to silent some rattles. The lower saw guard was making terrible noises. Oh yeah, I did this all on the Crafter's Station rather than the Power Station.

The Power Station is critical to my work flow and I didn't want to mess that up by doing something foolish.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

PS Motor Mount

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:I see that you have also added some nuts and washers. Did that make it any easier. Your belts must be tighter now, too because you added these parts the motor is down just a bit (1/4" - 1/2").

When I put mine back together this morning I moved the motor down some also. I also used some two sided tape to silent some rattles. The lower saw guard was making terrible noises. Oh yeah, I did this all on the Crafter's Station rather than the Power Station.

The Power Station is critical to my work flow and I didn't want to mess that up by doing something foolish.
Understand 'don't mess with work flow'. The mount as I modified it is more rigid - yes. I chose the spacer dimension after first determining where I thought It should be. There is a minimal amount of adjustment by sliding motor front to rear(REALLY MINIMAL). As belt wears/stretches I may need to add extra washers etc. Not handy but effective.:D

I think I got it about right, but someone elses perspective can often be enlightening.:)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jpg40504 wrote:Understand 'don't mess with work flow'. The mount as I modified it is more rigid - yes. I chose the spacer dimension after first determining where I thought It should be. There is a minimal amount of adjustment by sliding motor front to rear(REALLY MINIMAL). As belt wears/stretches I may need to add extra washers etc. Not handy but effective.:D

I think I got it about right, but someone elses perspective can often be enlightening.:)
This boils down to "How much will a properly tensioned belt deflect when you squeeze the two sides together"?

The answer that I most ofter hear is an 1/8" to 1/4". These belts deflect much more than that. If you attempt to tension them to that level, the belts and/or pulleys begin to heat up almost immediately. I backed mine off to what you see in the photos. About 1/2"-3/4". They run cool and sound right (for what that is worth).
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

PS Belt...

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:This boils down to "How much will a properly tensioned belt deflect when you squeeze the two sides together"?

The answer that I most ofter hear is an 1/8" to 1/4". These belts deflect much more than that. If you attempt to tension them to that level, the belts and/or pulleys begin to heat up almost immediately. I backed mine off to what you see in the photos. About 1/2"-3/4". They run cool and sound right (for what that is worth).
If they don't slip, they be tight enough!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange