What is happening at Shopsmith???

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

godavid2
Gold Member

What is happening at Shopsmith???

Post by godavid2 »

I've ordered a lot of parts from Shopsmith in the last two years. I went to check out a special on dust collect accessories which SS advertised the hoses for thirty percent off which is suppose to end tonight. When I check out the parts listing I find their sale price is the same price as the catalog listing. Can anyone enlighten me as to their reasoning for stating an items is on sales and it is not. This sounds like what Sears used to do. I got an email not too long ago from the SS president asking for patience that they had a lot of turn over in personnel. I try to give SS a lot of my business in buying parts but it has really gotten out of hand waiting on parts. I do a lot of business with Shopsmith and I hate to see this kind of service. Its not good for Shopsmith owners and it really not good for Shopsmith. Thanks for letting me vent.
reible
Platinum Member

Re: What is happening at Shopsmith???

Post by reible »

I guess I don't understand your issue. When I look at the sale page I see a regular price and a sale price. In the example I captured the hose is the premium one at 20% off. Here is the sale link:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/spec ... =|C&epn=|A
ScreenHunter 32.jpg
ScreenHunter 32.jpg (52.18 KiB) Viewed 9940 times
The online catalog for the same item shows the same information but displayed differently:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/item ... tem=556161
ScreenHunter 33.jpg
ScreenHunter 33.jpg (104.24 KiB) Viewed 9940 times
It looks to me as if it is indeed on sale in both locations for the prescribed % off. So what am I missing?

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I would give them credit for revealing the sale price in the 'standard' online catalog when an item is 'on sale' elsewhere.

I have not checked, but I am quite sure the same reveal exists with the standard hoses.

P.S. It IS revealed as well.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
godavid2
Gold Member

Post by godavid2 »

Sorry about the confusion about my problem with SS sale price listing so called special. When I go to the DC 3300 dust collector service price list and look the same part that is on special and find that the part listed is the same price as the sale price I find that a bit strange. And as I stated in my op the long wait for parts and the sale prices that are not really sale prices "what is really going on with Shopsmith?". I have not been enlighten as to the original ??? Sorry guys.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

David, you must have a different catalog than I do. You said you were looking at the regular prices (service price list). I looked every where I know to look and I do not find a conflict (as you describe it) anywhere. Nowhere do I find a special price that is the same as the regular list price.

I hope you ordered what you need while the prices were reduced.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I think a screen shot of where you find the sale price equals the regular price would be revealing to us.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
godavid2
Gold Member

Post by godavid2 »

That is what I am wondering, what I missing here, Ed? If I go to the service parts and see a price for a part which is suppose to be the regular price and then I see SS post a special sale item with the same price it just does not seem to the same to me. I would post a screen shot but I think anybody can go to the dust collector service parts list on this website and see for themselves if they care to see for themselves.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Well...........

Went to:

http://www.shopsmith.com/service/dc3300 ... iagram.htm

and clicked on the hose # and got this:
ScreenHunter 34.jpg
ScreenHunter 34.jpg (43.75 KiB) Viewed 9830 times
A regular price and then a sale price......... and I think the sale is over now right????

Anyway still not seeing a problem.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

Part of the confusion might be the fact that the replacement (black) hose is not the premium (clear) hose displayed in the ad. The regular hose and the premium hose have different manufacturing specifications making the regular hose cheaper. The sales price of the premium hose may match the regular price of the replacement hose for that reason. If you are not aware that they are two different items it may cause confusion.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

godavid2 wrote:That is what I am wondering, what I missing here, Ed? If I go to the service parts and see a price for a part which is suppose to be the regular price and then I see SS post a special sale item with the same price it just does not seem to the same to me. I would post a screen shot but I think anybody can go to the dust collector service parts list on this website and see for themselves if they care to see for themselves.
I have been there to look but I will go back again just because, well, just because.

On the flip side, it seems to me that if you had a point to make you would have posted your own screen shots. After all, you are the one who came here with a complain...though vague it was.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.