New Chat Room Software

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Nick
Platinum Member

New Chat Room Software

Post by Nick »

For those of you who have signed up for Sawdust Session #23, I'd like to warn you that we will be testing some new chatroom software called "Addon Chat." This is actually a chatroom service rather than software, and they say they can support an unlimited number of participants. We'll start out with 30 and work our way up.

Addon Chat is a Java program, and you must have Java enabled to use it. You must also have a recent copy of Java to use it. I suggest you go here to test it: http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Test_Classroom_A.htm If you can't access the chat room and you're sure Java is enabled on your computer, try downloading the latest version of Java from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

With all good wishes,
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

Thanks for the heads up Nick!
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o
dusty
Platinum Member

New Chat Room Software

Post by dusty »

The initial prognosis is not good. I have a place holder for the chatroom but no evidence that it is working. Just a blank (white) screen where the chat should be.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

I just ran a test and everything is working at my end. See you on sat.
shydragon
Gold Member

Post by shydragon »

If I use the link from the registration email, then it works fine. If, I use the link that Nick provided in this thread, then is is asking for a user name and password. Is it the same username and password we use for this forum or something else. I have no clue.
Pat

Oregon

1992 SS 510, 11" Bandsaw on power station, 4" jointer, Pro Planer, Incra Miter 2000, Incra Ultimate Fence Router Pkg, Grizzly 6" Parallelogram Jointer.
shydragon
Gold Member

Post by shydragon »

Actually, I was wrong, no password needed. I typed in my forum username and it worked fine.
Pat

Oregon

1992 SS 510, 11" Bandsaw on power station, 4" jointer, Pro Planer, Incra Miter 2000, Incra Ultimate Fence Router Pkg, Grizzly 6" Parallelogram Jointer.
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

It works fine for me. No password - just use your forum user name.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
dusty
Platinum Member

New Chat Room Software

Post by dusty »

What should I expect to see in the Chat Room?

All I have is a blank, white screen where there would normally be chat going on.

Am I suppose to be in the Classroom or viewing the test video?.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

dusty wrote:What should I expect to see in the Chat Room?

All I have is a blank, white screen where there would normally be chat going on.

Am I suppose to be in the Classroom or viewing the test video?.

You should see the video just like any sawdust video. In the chat area you should see

Welcome

You have entered the Chat Lobby

You don't need to use your Shopsmith user ID but would make it easy for others to know who you are. For example I am "Cincinnati" but can use "Sponge Bob" or any other name in the chat room.
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

I am not signed up for the session and all I get is a white screen with the following in the upper right corner:

Java Chat Software

This is a link to addonchat.com. HELP!!!!!
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!