the rental

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: the rental

Post by Hobbyman2 »

JPG wrote:Too much hypothetical conjecture flying around here! :rolleyes:

=================

life is a hypothetical , Hypothetical's will also save your life, I use a PPE'S / face shield when turning on the lathe ,,in case,, something flies apart . That is a hypothetical ? you have to carry your DL ,,in case you need it ?
A major problem in todays world seems to be more like lack of common sense .JMO
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Bartiasrd wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:36 am The thread's old, but I just wanted to say that it was not a bad idea, OP. I'm not sure if it was worth doing a reconstruction instead of building one. Some developers buy a piece of land, build a house for a single-family, and rent it out then. Sometimes it is more difficult and expensive to repair an old house than build a new one. However, I like the idea that you will build a new one later and let this old one work. It wouldn't be smart to just let it stay while you collect money to build a new one.
------------
We could have went either way , with the current price of lumber it would be nearly impossible to build a 2 story house for the same cost .
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Hobbyman2 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:10 pm
Bartiasrd wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:36 am The thread's old, but I just wanted to say that it was not a bad idea, OP. I'm not sure if it was worth doing a reconstruction instead of building one. Some developers buy a piece of land, build a house for a single-family, and rent it out then. Sometimes it is more difficult and expensive to repair an old house than build a new one. However, I like the idea that you will build a new one later and let this old one work. It wouldn't be smart to just let it stay while you collect money to build a new one.
------------
We could have went either way , with the current price of lumber it would be nearly impossible to build a 2 story house for the same cost .
First post with a link to an unrelated site. I would say that is SPAM and the post and link be deleted.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Gold Member

Post by MODERATOR »

jsburger wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:48 pm
------------
First post with a link to an unrelated site. I would say that is SPAM and the post and link be deleted.
Yer Welcome! :D
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

MODERATOR wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:01 pm
jsburger wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:48 pm

------------
Yer Welcome! :D
-------------------

Or a hypothetical ?? :)
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Hmmmm...
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:26 pmHmmmm...
What? Thee be suspicious of spiced mystery meat?

5/04 spam disappeared?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:44 pm
jsburger wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:26 pmHmmmm...
What? Thee be suspicious of spiced mystery meat?
:D :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I was referring to the 7 letter variety.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

emmahayes wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:52 pm Did you take some consultation with the construction company about the building plan and the risks of replacing the old fundaments and bricks?
----------------
Thanks
I started in the trades in 76 was building sky scrapers in down town Dallas in 81 , The wife knows more than most company employees, she even rebuilt the old chimney . :)