In a dilemna

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

WileyCoyote
Gold Member

In a dilemna

Post by WileyCoyote »

I just got a great buy on a hybrid table saw that I pick up on Saturday. Now I have to choose between keeping the 500 or the 510 because I don't have room for all three. I love the 510 and would love to keep it but the old greenie was given to me by my father-in-law who bought it new. The wife will say I have to keep the greenie. Would you swap the newer innards of the 510 headstock into the 500 and swap the tables or just sell the 510 as is? Since I won't need it as my primary table saw, do the larger tables of the 510 even matter?
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Re: In a dilemna

Post by ChrisNeilan »

I would break one down and hide the pieces in the attic.
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

+1

if you sell it, will you be able to replace it with one you all ready know so much about ? or this could be a good thing, in a few months tell the wife you sold the old one and now ya want/need a new one ?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Hobbyman2 wrote:+1

if you sell it, will you be able to replace it with one you all ready know so much about ? or this could be a good thing, in a few months tell the wife you sold the old one and now ya want/need a new one ?
My wife knows Shopsmith and she does woodworking so that would never work here or ever needed. 4 Mk-V's and 5 10ER's. :eek:
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Consider making a shorty out of the greenie or the 510.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange