Sliding Tee Nuts / Studs

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Sliding Tee Nuts / Studs

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote:
jsburger wrote:The last two posts are SPAM. These spamers are getting cute posting about something on topic to the forum and then including their SPAM link in the post. Relevant content is not acceptable if it contains SPAM links. The message should be deleted and the OP should be removed. My guess is the two previous posters are the same person.

The same thing happened on the "Where to buy wood" thread. The OP made a bogus post with a link to a non on topic web site. The moderator deleted the link but left the post since it was "on topic". Well guess what, the OP edited his original post and re-added the bogus link. The thread should be deleted and the poster deleted also.

Just my opinion of course.
Cute or lazy? Can't believe they started plagiarizing older posts from the forum. Of course, maybe you guys have seen all of this before, but it is new to me...
No, all of this spam is fairly new. Just in the last year or so. IMO it is the result of the ever increasing tracking of the Googles of the internet and their ilk. Get your web site anywhere on the internet and it comes up higher on searches.

Thankfully we have moderators that are doing a great job of deleting the junk. I get email notifications of new posts. They are sent as soon as a post occurs. When I get up in the morning and check my email I see posts that appear to be spam. When I log on to the forum those posts are not there because the moderators are doing their job.

The moderators efforts are very much appreciated.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

jsburger wrote:
RFGuy wrote:
jsburger wrote:The last two posts are SPAM. These spamers are getting cute posting about something on topic to the forum and then including their SPAM link in the post. Relevant content is not acceptable if it contains SPAM links. The message should be deleted and the OP should be removed. My guess is the two previous posters are the same person.

The same thing happened on the "Where to buy wood" thread. The OP made a bogus post with a link to a non on topic web site. The moderator deleted the link but left the post since it was "on topic". Well guess what, the OP edited his original post and re-added the bogus link. The thread should be deleted and the poster deleted also.

Just my opinion of course.
Cute or lazy? Can't believe they started plagiarizing older posts from the forum. Of course, maybe you guys have seen all of this before, but it is new to me...
No, all of this spam is fairly new. Just in the last year or so. IMO it is the result of the ever increasing tracking of the Googles of the internet and their ilk. Get your web site anywhere on the internet and it comes up higher on searches.

Thankfully we have moderators that are doing a great job of deleting the junk. I get email notifications of new posts. They are sent as soon as a post occurs. When I get up in the morning and check my email I see posts that appear to be spam. When I log on to the forum those posts are not there because the moderators are doing their job.

The moderators efforts are very much appreciated.
I agree 100%...just surprised by how crafty the spammers are sometimes.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
bainin
Platinum Member

Post by bainin »

The spammers should know we are all poor, retired or on the way to both ...ain't much to be gained from us at this point :))

b
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

With a broken lug nut stud remover.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
thinkappleone
Bronze Member

Post by thinkappleone »

I was a little worried that these would be too big to fit into the slots of my Micro Mark mill (the same Sieg X2 that is sold by Grizzly, Micro Mark, and many others). But they just fit and slide very smoothly without modifying them.
Last edited by beeg on Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed URL.
sharmasatbir069
Bronze Member

Post by sharmasatbir069 »

Thanks for your information.
Last edited by beeg on Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed URL.
dinkarvid
Bronze Member

Post by dinkarvid »

I am making an assembly with 20 X 20 mm aluminium extrude. A T nut is required to assemble the brackets and the extrude, however T nuts are quite expensive in my city, what are the cheap alternatives I can use?

I am thinking to make it work with a bolt, washer and a nut, the washer and the bolt will hook into the channel and can use a nut to clamp the brackets vidmate.app saveinsta
Last edited by dinkarvid on Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

dinkarvid wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:01 am I am making an assembly with 20 X 20 mm aluminium extrude. A T nut is required to assemble the brackets and the extrude, however T nuts are quite expensive in my city, what are the cheap alternatives I can use?

I am thinking to make it work with a bolt, washer and a nut, the washer and the bolt will hook into the channel and can use a nut to clamp the brackets
Can you be more specific? Are you looking for general purpose T nuts or the specific ones that Shopsmith sells? 20mm extrusions are common and there are lots of different applications t-nuts and manufacturers for them so I am surprised to hear you say they are expensive. For example, you can get 100 pieces of them on Amazon for $12 that fit 20 series extrusions. The Shopsmith specific ones, which are larger and application specific, cost $10.89 for a 4 pack.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

RFGuy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:09 am
dinkarvid wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:01 am I am making an assembly with 20 X 20 mm aluminium extrude. A T nut is required to assemble the brackets and the extrude, however T nuts are quite expensive in my city, what are the cheap alternatives I can use?

I am thinking to make it work with a bolt, washer and a nut, the washer and the bolt will hook into the channel and can use a nut to clamp the brackets
Can you be more specific? Are you looking for general purpose T nuts or the specific ones that Shopsmith sells? 20mm extrusions are common and there are lots of different applications t-nuts and manufacturers for them so I am surprised to hear you say they are expensive. For example, you can get 100 pieces of them on Amazon for $12 that fit 20 series extrusions. The Shopsmith specific ones, which are larger and application specific, cost $10.89 for a 4 pack.
Maybe not so in India where this posters IP is located.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

dusty wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:10 am Maybe not so in India where this posters IP is located.
Dusty,

Thanks. It would be helpful if this forum would show the location of all posters on the forum because standard forum members (like myself) can't see that info for members who don't voluntarily list it on their profile. So, I checked on Amazon's India website and I don't think the issue for dinkarvid is t-nut price. I think the issue is very little inventory leading to price escalation. I found quite a few 20 series t-nuts on the Amazon India website but unfortunately most of them had no price because they were no longer available or they were other extrusion sizes. This is probably why the poster was asking because of low inventory available in country due to growth, supply chain, etc., etc.
📶RF Guy