woodturning

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

woodturning

Post by thunderbirdbat »

I found some time to practice my turning skills. Still need a lot more practice. I set up my grinder with a wolverine system I purchased a few years ago finally, so maybe I'll get in more practice now. I ripped a 2 x 6 into square strips for practice wood. Snowmen make a good practice design.
The practice pieces found a display setting. The soft wood tears out really easily even with sharp tools.
The practice pieces found a display setting. The soft wood tears out really easily even with sharp tools.
snowmen.jpg (110.76 KiB) Viewed 8551 times
Had some pieces of cherry left from making the daughter's furniture that I used for the handles.
Had some pieces of cherry left from making the daughter's furniture that I used for the handles.
serving set.jpg (70.43 KiB) Viewed 8551 times
I have a couple more serving sets to make. I also have some pen kits I may try before I reconfigure to finish up some other projects.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
davebodner
Gold Member

Re: woodturning

Post by davebodner »

You're getting some nice results there. Turning is exciting fun even when the results aren't good.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Brenda
Remember that all cuts are practice cuts. More practice cuts the better the final cuts. Turning is a never ending learning endeavor.
Bill V
Dansmith
Gold Member

Post by Dansmith »

Very nice. I also have a Wolverine System, and it certainly makes sharpening much easier. Oh, and I also use it with a slow speed grinder with a cbn wheel on one side and an white wheel on the other.