Travelling Academies - Questions

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

admin
Gold Member

Sessions

Post by admin »

It looks like you are confusing the National Woodworking Academy classes with the Free Sawdust Sessions that used to run on Saturday afternoons at our stores. The Sawdust Sessions were about an hour long and were just a demonstration.

The National Woodworking Academy classes are full day classes lasting between 2 and 4 days with hands-on instruction that allow you to build your own project and keep it, the cost includes all materials and lumber. If these were ever free, we would probably have cars lined up on I-75 waiting to sign up.

As for the Traveling Academy we are only doing west coast events currently but we are planning other educational outlets for our customers.
Shopsmith I.T.
jud
Bronze Member

Sessions

Post by jud »

I was referring to the Travelling Sessions that was recently scheduled for the Lexington area. When I bought my Mark V the training sessions were a major factor in the buying decision. It was a big disappointment when we got the call cancelling the sessions. I am willing and ready to travel most anywhere to take advantage of the Travelling Sessions but California is a bit far. I would certainly be interested in coming to Dayton to get comprable training or even sign up for the Academy class if it werent so expensive. Since the Travelling Sessions are not available could you fine folks offer some reduced rate to us greenhorns to get us started on the right foot? The Mark V is a wonderful tool but only if you know how to operate it.
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Keep you shirt on, Jud. The management at Shopsmith understands how disappointed our owners were to hear that we have cancelled the eastern and miswestern Traveling Academies. Believe me, we would not have taken this course of action if there was any other way. Also understand that we are working very hard to develop a way to deliver the same information though a different channel. We are well aware that new owners need woodworking education and we are still committed to provide it, even though we can no longer afford to keep instructors on the road. Watch this space; in a very few weeks we'll have better news for you.

With all good wishes,
jud
Bronze Member

Sessions

Post by jud »

Although I doubt that anything less than a hands on training session would do the job, I will "keep my shirt on" and keep an eye on the forum pages for your proposed solution.