Tune-up

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

joedw00
Platinum Member

Tune-up

Post by joedw00 »

Need to have one of my Greenie's tuned up. Shopsmith wants $100.00 per hour plus shipping. Jacob's is closed until maybe July 1 with 2 musculoskeletal problems.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Tune-up

Post by JPG »

Whatcha gonna 'tune'?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

JPG wrote:Whatcha gonna 'tune'?
The glimer belt broke and just want them to go thru it. They did it to one of my other one.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

You might try James Hopp at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfZBQt ... w/featured

He was an authorized repair center and remains a service center using Shopsmith Parts.

The gilmer belt break is a concern. If yours has a clutch, it may need attention. Even Shopsmith doesn't have parts for repairing that beyond belt etc. as it goes back to 1960's when it was converted to Poly-V.

James can help you. Look at some of his free videos to get an idea of what he does.

There's another fellow in Albuquerque NM I don't know him personally yet.
505smithrepair.com

I had not heard about Jacob's medical issues... Prayers for him...

Kindest Regards,

Everett
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Thank you.
Joe