Questions about Power Pro

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dannyshamoon
Gold Member

Questions about Power Pro

Post by dannyshamoon »

I watched the video about the upgrading to a Power Pro and it talks about 4 ways to upgrade, 1 NEW unit, 2 refurnished unit, 3 send yours in for conversion, 4 do it yourself. Yet they only give pricing for NEW unit and DIY conversion. Are there 4 options or only 2? Does someone associated with SS monitor this forum to see what conversations are ongoing?
Thanks
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Questions about Power Pro

Post by jsburger »

How old is the video? The Power Pro has been out for a long time. Things change. At one time I think what you say was correct. Apparently not now.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dannyshamoon
Gold Member

Post by dannyshamoon »

jsburger wrote:How old is the video? The Power Pro has been out for a long time. Things change. At one time I think what you say was correct. Apparently not now.
I don't know. It's on the SS home page under pricing. I just viewed it earlier today before I wrote this message.
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Looks like they went from four to two. They need to update the main page (which says four ways) to match the second page (which says two). As of now it appears the only options are to but a new powerpro headstock or but the DIY version.
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe