Festool RO 90 FEQ

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Festool RO 90 FEQ

Post by JPG »

OK so he is a spammer(low grade).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:
dusty wrote:I'm confused. How can a post in a thread named for a Festool tool be considered SPAM because it contains a link to tools (including Festool)?
It's better than most spam, for sure. But I'm always suspicious when new members post links right away. Especially when the post contains poor grammar of the "Chinglish" variety.

The linked site is one of those "product review" sites that exist only to try to get people to click their Amazon-associate links. If you do click on one of those links and then purchase the item, the "associate" (e.g. the site owner) gets a commission from Amazon equal to 3% (for tools) of the selling price. If you're curious, Amazon publishes their "Associates Program Fee Schedule" (i.e. commissions) here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/he ... 8U84RAYDXZ

I frequently encounter such sites when searching for legitimate product information and reviews, and I've never found any useful product information on them. If you poke around on the site in question, and hover over the links therein, you'll see that their goal is to get you to click on their Amazon affiliate links. To find a suitable forum on which to post their spam links, all they have to do is Google the products that they list on their site.

So it's relatively harmless, but still spam IMHO.
I had suspected this guy was a spammer but wasn't really aware of the affiliate program.

It explains a lot of sites I see when I search for product reviews and find multiple garbage sites with titles like the "Ten Best [Product] of 2020". The "reviews" read like a 3rd grader trying to fill out a paragraph long book report. "This [product] is a really good [product]. It looks really good and the [product] has all the features you want in a [product]. Check Amazon for latest pricing on [product]."
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

RFGuy wrote:Looks like the edge sander attachment is now for sale in the US market. Compatible with ETS 125 REQ and ETSC 125.

https://www.toolnut.com/festool-205316- ... nders.html

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzys5cX3w1Y[/youtube]
Peter Millard just posted an interesting video where he made a similar jig to hold his Festool ETS 125 EQ sander similar to the new edge sanding guide attachment that only works for the ETS 125 REQ and ETSC 125. He is offering free templates for anyone that is interested. The jig is fairly simple and straightforward and should be able to be easily modified to fit any handheld sander for anyone that wants to adapt it to other sander brands. Also keep in mind some portable sanders have a softer sanding pad and if this is the case you would want to swap for a hard surface foam backing pad on your sander to use it for edge sanding. Otherwise you might accidentally round over the board edge you are attempting to sand.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYzqaTlkaUA[/youtube]

Free template:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/41700806
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

A little update on the Festool edge sander attachment.

First, last May I picked up the sander that it fits. I was able to make good use of it on a couple of projects.

Then before the 2023 price increase I added the edge sander attachment and a few other Festool item on my list.

I have attached it to the sander, just two screws, but have not tried it yet. Have to wait for warmer weather for that.

Going to be a long wait until March to use this and some other purchases. Plenty of other things to do until then........

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]