Festool RO 90 FEQ

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: Festool RO 90 FEQ

Post by reible »

I have the ETS EC 125/3 EQ-plus so this will not fit my sander. I'm not so tempted to get one since I would have to go full boat and get the whole package. But it is an interesting idea and the price isn't bad for the attachment.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
sehast
Gold Member

Post by sehast »

I guess I am out of luck to because I have a EQ Plus too. Didn't read the fine print. Well on the bright side I just saved $100.
viewcart
Bronze Member

Post by viewcart »

I purchased the Festool Pro 5 LTD when is was offered at 99.00. its a fantastic tool and significantly better than a similarly priced dewalt.

Honestly it did exactly what the promotion was indented to do. It introduced me to the real quality that Festool produces, and while I will not buy all Festool tools, there are a few critical tools ( tracksaw, router and domino ) that are in my future purchase plans) I also watch for refurbished units being sold since they carry the Festool warranty and a significantly more reasonable price tag.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Looks like the edge sander attachment is now for sale in the US market. Compatible with ETS 125 REQ and ETSC 125.

https://www.toolnut.com/festool-205316- ... nders.html

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzys5cX3w1Y[/youtube]
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Like!
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
kennyperry
Bronze Member

Post by kennyperry »

Post contents deleted.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I'm confused. How can a post in a thread named for a Festool tool be considered SPAM because it contains a link to tools (including Festool)?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:I'm confused. How can a post in a thread named for a Festool tool be considered SPAM because it contains a link to tools (including Festool)?
I agree, it ain't!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

dusty wrote:I'm confused. How can a post in a thread named for a Festool tool be considered SPAM because it contains a link to tools (including Festool)?
It's better than most spam, for sure. But I'm always suspicious when new members post links right away. Especially when the post contains poor grammar of the "Chinglish" variety.

The linked site is one of those "product review" sites that exist only to try to get people to click their Amazon-associate links. If you do click on one of those links and then purchase the item, the "associate" (e.g. the site owner) gets a commission from Amazon equal to 3% (for tools) of the selling price. If you're curious, Amazon publishes their "Associates Program Fee Schedule" (i.e. commissions) here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/he ... 8U84RAYDXZ

I frequently encounter such sites when searching for legitimate product information and reviews, and I've never found any useful product information on them. If you poke around on the site in question, and hover over the links therein, you'll see that their goal is to get you to click on their Amazon affiliate links. To find a suitable forum on which to post their spam links, all they have to do is Google the products that they list on their site.

So it's relatively harmless, but still spam IMHO.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:
It's better than most spam, for sure. But I'm always suspicious when new members post links right away. Especially when the post contains poor grammar of the "Chinglish" variety.

The linked site is one of those "product review" sites that exist only to try to get people to click their Amazon-associate links. If you do click on one of those links and then purchase the item, the "associate" (e.g. the site owner) gets a commission from Amazon equal to 3% (for tools) of the selling price. If you're curious, Amazon publishes their "Associates Program Fee Schedule" (i.e. commissions) here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/he ... 8U84RAYDXZ

I frequently encounter such sites when searching for legitimate product information and reviews, and I've never found any useful product information on them. If you poke around on the site in question, and hover over the links therein, you'll see that their goal is to get you to click on their Amazon affiliate links. To find a suitable forum on which to post their spam links, all they have to do is Google the products that they list on their site.

So it's relatively harmless, but still spam IMHO.
Exactly my thought.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT