Meet and greet,,,

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

grouser
Gold Member

Post by grouser »

kalynzoo wrote:Hi, love the Redding-Readbluff area. We try to make it up that way every year or so with our motorhome. It's a great place to pick up some craft lumber, and do a little fishing. It's certainly nice to have a new voice on the website.
Welcome, Gary
Too bad I quit running my sawmill biz. I used to have ALL kinds of hobby wood and rough lumber to sell,,,,now I rat-hole it all for myself,,,,:p thaks for the welcome
Mike, Northern Ca.
:D Just an old logger trying to keep his feet covered in wood chips
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Feet covered in wood chips? That's one way to keep 'em warm! We once lived in a cabin (small three room house) that was insulated with sawdust. There were no drafts all through the winters. One small airtight stove and a wood kitchen range.

Welcome to the forum!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
retcaptb
Gold Member

Hello Mike

Post by retcaptb »

Welcome to the forum. I too love our Shopsmiths. Please check your private messages. Welcome aboard!:D
grouser
Gold Member

Post by grouser »

charlese wrote:Feet covered in wood chips? That's one way to keep 'em warm! We once lived in a cabin (small three room house) that was insulated with sawdust. There were no drafts all through the winters. One small airtight stove and a wood kitchen range.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome.
I once helped do a small renovation on a very old Tavern in a remote mountain town and during the demo we found it to be insulated with sawdust and woodchips. We thought it very strange but as you know it was fairy common in some areas.
Mike, Northern Ca.
grouser
Gold Member

Post by grouser »

retcaptb wrote:Welcome to the forum. I too love our Shopsmiths. Please check your private messages. Welcome aboard!:D
Thanks for the welcome Cap,,,,,,,,,,,:)
Mike, Northern Ca.