Free 10E or 10ER Parts

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

john_001
Gold Member

Re: Free 10E or 10ER Parts

Post by john_001 »

Stew, if you take the parts to a local UPS store, they can give you a quote to pack and ship them. Then if you have a deal, drop the parts off at the store and give the recipient the local UPS's phone number. The recipient can arrange and pay for the shipping themselves. The local store should be willing to hold the parts awaiting the call.
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

Nick,

I am not real familiar with the 10ER so please be more specific of the actual part you are looking for by indicating it in the picture on my original post. You can Private Message me so we can agree on the terms.
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

Thanks for the advise John, that sounds like the easy way to go for shipping.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

stew,

I believe Nick is referring to the Baseplate and Baseplate Arm which are on the left in the picture in your first post. They are part numbers 101-1 (Base) and 101-2 (Arm) plus the Baseplate Pins, Baseplate Knob and set screws. Those two part numbers can be found on the castings.

Nick,

Although with the weight of the Model 10ER I am not sure you will gain that much additional stability putting a Base and Arm in place of the Headrest and Tie Bar. It will add to the total weight of the Model 10ER especially if yours has the cast aluminum Headrest instead of the cast iron Headrest.

If I was to do that on one of my Model 10's I would face the Base and Arm, that is replacing the Headrest, the same direction as the original Base and Arm. I would not have the Bench Tubes extend past the mounting holes in the Arm as they do when set correctly on the right end of the tool for the Tailstock to mount. That should give the maximum possible distance between the Headstock and Tailstock.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Johnryan30
Bronze Member

Post by Johnryan30 »

stew wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:30 pm I have several 10E or 10ER parts available for FREE to anyone that is interested. I am in the western suburbs of the Chicago Area and pickup of the parts would be ideal because of their weight. They seem to be in good condition but I am a 500 addict so I don't know much about the 10er. If you want more pictures of a specific item just let me know.

IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG
I sure wish you were in northern California or somewhere close because I could really use several of these 10er parts. I recently aquired one (1950's model) from someone who was the original owner and it is missing a bunch of attachments etc. Anyway if something comes to mind as to how we could manage to get some parts shipped without costing a months salary I would love to work something out with you. Thanks and have a great day!!
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

You are welcome to any of the parts that I have, but the shipping would be your cost. I am in the Chicagoland area so if you have any contacts around here that could help you out because I am sure the shipping cost would be expensive because these things are heavy. Good Luck with your new 10ER!
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Johnryan30,

I suggest you watch the local ads like craigslist or Facebook Marketplace and ebay for items near you. It is more common to find individual parts on ebay as opposed to the other sites. There are many sellers that "part out" the old Shopsmith Model 10E and 10ER tools. Some of the items Stew had are often for sale for very little cost because they are items not commonly missing or damaged like the Base and Arm. I am not sure what items you are missing but most are not hard to find. Unless you desire parts that originally came with your Model 10ER many items are available that came out later that will work on the Model 10's. Even current accessories can be used on a Model 10ER. As an example, if you need a Lathe Drive to mount on the Quill's Spindle or Cup Center for the Tailstock to turn some wood you can use a brand new, from the factory, one which will work just as well as one made in 1950. Little has changed to those parts over the years.

A word of caution, when looking for parts for a Model 10E or 10ER do keep in mind there were many changes made to the Model 10's during their production and some parts cannot be interchanged individually.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

I just wanted to officially close out this thread, all the 10E / 10ER parts are now gone.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Hope they all found a good new home.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mangellaceiba
Bronze Member

Post by mangellaceiba »

Johnryan30 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:16 pm
stew wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:30 pm I have several 10E or 10ER parts available for FREE to anyone that is interested. I am in the western suburbs of the Chicago Area and pickup of the parts would be ideal because of their weight. They seem to be in good condition but I am a 500 addict so I don't know much about the 10er. If you want more pictures of a specific item just let me know.

IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG
I sure wish you were in northern California or somewhere close because I could really use several of these 10er parts. I recently aquired one (1950's model) from someone who was the original owner and it is missing a bunch of attachments etc. Anyway if something comes to mind as to how we could manage to get some parts shipped without costing a months salary I would love to work something out with you. Thanks and have a great day!!
I live in Rockford Illinois and need the parts yuo are giving away. Please let me know a convinient way to get them. Thanks.