Table Alignment (Maybe)

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Table Alignment (Maybe)

Post by dusty »

chapmanruss wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:45 pm Dusty,

Did you try your calibration disk yet? If so did you get better results?
I calibrate the dial indicators on a common spot. Thus I use them as though they are interchangeable.

My disk is very flat (not perfect) and I use it as though it is perfect. As it sets, out in the shop right now, the distance from the alignment disk to the right hand miter slot differs by .001" between infeed and outfeed sides.

When doing the table adjustments this time, I used the adjustable stop collars rather than a raw hide mallet to "fine tune". That worked well once I was careful to make sure the collars were equal distant away from the center line (spindle). Previously I did not take that into consideration and I was attempting equal and opposite changes when I adjusted. Big user error.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Table Alignment w/ Adj. Stop Collars and MAG-DRO

Post by dusty »

My table alignment procedure is about to take a dramatic turn. I have been introduced to the SuperBar by MasterGage.. This little gem is what I have been looking for for a long time. Thank you reible. I can not retire my two dial indicators that ride the miter tracks on bearings (seen earlier in this thread).

My real thanks goes to Paul at MasterGage.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.