Sliding Table Storage

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fjimp
Platinum Member

Sliding Table Storage

Post by fjimp »

This past weekend I decided it was time to find a way to store my most used jig. So I designed and welded the attached brackets to hold the sliding table Nick intoduced us to. One picture shows the two brackets laying on an Oak Table. The other shows the sliding table mounted on a shop wall under the heating and air conditioning pipe for our house. fjimp
Attachments
welded brackets sm.jpg
welded brackets sm.jpg (13.42 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
brackets in place sm.jpg
brackets in place sm.jpg (11.49 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Nice setup, Jim!

By the way, how much do you weld vs. woodwork? Just curious...
Chris
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Chris,

Great question. My great love is and for my entire adult life been woodworking. I do very little welding. This is only my third small project in over 50 years. In August my son talked me into getting a Mig welder. He has really become hooked on welding. He and I did a gate latch project together when we visited him in Tulsa early in September. The week before our trip a friend at church discovered I had the welder and borrowed it to weld some stair rails for the church. I helped him a bit (very small bit). This past weekends project was my first real attempt at welding on my own since I was a young kid. It was more out of necessity than anything else. I badly needed to create a simple means of getting that table where I could reach it. Prior to that the table was stored in a very obsure spot that was difficult to reach. I have been rearranging my shop to make it more usable and cleared two cabinets out and into a storage room. I found myself with a limited amount of wall space and hatched my silly bracket idea. I rahter like them as they take virtually no space yet are handy and strong. Thanks for noticing. fjimp
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.