Drop in Forum Activity

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bainin
Platinum Member

Re: Drop in Forum Activity

Post by bainin »

Yes-its lower contribution lately but on the other hand, if you post a question/subject ...people respond very quickly - the contributors are still around.
Its a small group-but a dang good one.

Aside from the website issues, Id guess its getting cold in peoples shops about now !

On the "new" products front, the recent addition of the shorty/and piece-out purchase choices are something new...but to be honest, even the
latest and greatest Mark 520/Powerpro looks 20 years old in aesthetics.

I always wonder what might change if the startpoint was todays motors/electronics/rigid materials and the learning from 50 years of SS customer feedback.

I don't get the feeling that SS has a full design group to do something like that though.

b
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

its been cold here lately and not enough firewood to get through the winter so heating the garage has been sparse and wood crafts have been near nothing , on the bright side I won't run out of wood for the crafts any time soon .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
DZIN
Gold Member

Post by DZIN »

This forum has been a great help to me. I know that if I have questions, they will be answered here. We moved to the Tucson area in September of last year. Luckily, we were able to find a property with a good sized shop building. It was just a bare 40x80 tin can, though. The past 15 months has been spent in making it into a workable shop. Just within the last couple of weeks, I've been able to actually do some woodworking. With Ed Reible's invaluable assistance my Jointech/Shopsmith is now operational and, the shorty can now go back to cross cutting and, running the accessories. Jobs which it finds most comfortable.
The above verbiage is intended to excuse my lack of substantive participation here. I promise to do better, henceforth.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

wa2crk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:48 pm I don't text, I don't face and I don't twit. Don't have to. This is one of the best forums and also one of the most civilized.
Bill V
I agree! I seriously question the wisdom of people that use Facebook after everything that has been exposed about the company. To me it is similar to doing business with a company that is known for selling stolen products. I really believe if people wanted to change the direction this country is headed they would stop doing businesses known to be corrupt.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:41 am
wa2crk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:48 pm I don't text, I don't face and I don't twit. Don't have to. This is one of the best forums and also one of the most civilized.
Bill V
I agree! I seriously question the wisdom of people that use Facebook after everything that has been exposed about the company. To me it is similar to doing business with a company that is known for selling stolen products. I really believe if people wanted to change the direction this country is headed they would stop doing businesses known to be corrupt.
Who is corrupt? How do you propose to gain an answer to this question? Oh, excuse me. You can always Google it or even check with Instagram. or with the media.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.