Traveling Academy

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Unregistered

TA

Post by Unregistered »

I 'purchased 'my SS at an auction. Keep trying to get to a TA finally rec'd notice and guess what sold out! With no Lowe's in VT you can guess how long it'll be. BUT last Sat on radio garage sale some fellow let a SS go for the taking it all $100.00 the phone line was jammed!!Will there ever be a TA in the Green Mountains.
busnut
bandit
Bronze Member

Post by bandit »

Thanks for the confirmation that the TA's aren't going away. I attended one here in Salt Lake City right after I bought my machine a few years ago and until this year, I never found out about others in the area until just a couple of days before they were scheduled.

This year I had plenty of notice but, bieng scheduled on a Saturday and Sunday rules out my attendance. I'm sure that's good for others but, doesn't work for me.

Bring them back on week-days, give me a couple of month's advance notice so I can adjust my schedule, and I'll be there for sure.

Thanks
admin
Gold Member

Traveling Academy

Post by admin »

You can view and register for all upcoming Traveling Academies at http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/travelingacademy/register.htm
You can find information on locations and times by selecting your state or zip code.

Dave Rector
Webmaster
Shopsmith, Inc.

Hi, I am an instructor for the Academy and as Dave Rector said, just check the education site and find the location nearest you. If I can be of service until you are able to get to one, let me know. PURA VIDA
Rick Davis
Spike13
Gold Member

Post by Spike13 »

Hi to all the Shopsmith Forum visitors!

I am the East Coast Traveling Academy Instructor and agree with Rick. I highly recommend the 2nd and 3rd day of class instruction for ALL Shopsmith owners and "wannabees". It is very educational and enlightening. It is also inexpensive when you compare it to other woodworking classes. A wealth of information is given by the knowledgeable and experienced Shopsmith instructors. Don't forget your notebook when you attend.

Bring your spouse as you will be able share your hobby with that "special person" as there is a vast area of woodworking that people are unaware of until they are exposed to it. Expand your horizons and have FUN woodworking!:)

Last, but not least, it also give you the opportunity to meet other Shopsmith owners in your area and exchange names and phone numbers. This can be worthwhile when you have similar interests and develop friendships that would never have occurred. I have seen local user groups develop from this exposure to meeting other Shopsmith owners in the Shopsmith Traveling Academies.

Try it, you'll like it! You won't be disappointed. Make some chips!
Life is a chip at a time, :D
Spike13
ricknwood
Gold Member

Post by ricknwood »

I'm an Academy instructor and I thank you for the kind words. We try as hard as we can to show all owners the true value of what they have. Rick Davis