Its only money ????

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Its only money ????

Post by jsburger »

Hobbyman2 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:05 pm covid seems to be a convenient source for free money that's for sure . especially since 99.9 percent of the people who had it are still alive and well with out the vaccine . it is definitely convenient . I personally know 4 people who were diagnosed and were told to go home stay there and take vitamin d and vitamin k and shake it off .
So what do you say to the 600,000+ other people that have died from Covid?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Thanks John
first things first, as all ways we are sorry to hear of any one's loss and send our prayers ,more people die from overdoses of heroine and meth , heart attacks, cancer and abortions . not every one will agree and it is their privilege to believe what they want ,I am good with that , if ya feel safe in a mask than please wear one , most of the time a persons 3rd sense is correct, same with the vaccine , if you believe than get one , I sure wouldn't call some one out for getting it I am no DR but I have had several friends and relatives who were told they had covid , some had multiple test , some came back positive and were retested a day later came back negative, every one who went to the DR office with covid was sent home or told not to come in at all , , not one , but every one , not one was prescribed any medication just ,vitamin D and vitamin K , only one lady I know who was said to have it was hospitalized, she had immune issues and blood poisoning in her legs when she {contracted it } hard to imagine becaus eshe was bed rest at her home ? to my knowledge her meds were very limited for the covid , one fella was on dialysis prior and still sent home , they all feared for their lives after all the hype from the government and media , they were all told to go shake it off , not one but every one , they were also told that any one who died from Pneumonia or the flue was considered to be a covid case , and and all respiratory issues were to be called listed as covid , not one but every one , national research numbers has proven the flue and pneumonia cases were reported as nearly non existent this year , it was all covid ??? One fella owns a brick yard , he was so scared he was going to die if he caught it that he locked his doors and ya had to have a appointment to get brick / block , even than no one was allowed in the building, well he caught it ,I talked to him the other day and he said the mask was a joke and he refuses to wear one now, and he will not get the vaccine or require any one to wear a mask in his establishment , his office is wide open and he said the non believers can ,, well I wont go there , he said it was no worse than any cold other than he lost his taste for 3 days . I could elaborate stories of this for a long time, not only that but about opinions of those who passed and the legitimacy of the coroners reports , it was said once that a coroner can write anything on a death certificate because no one will ever check or question their report . Do I believe ? yes , I believe in chemical warfare , thin the population and blame it on a disease ?? it is possible but not proven ? I have not worn a mask unless I had to go into a big box store and that is very seldom . in the fall of 2018 I had something that strongly resembles these symptoms and I am still here, at that time covid had not hit the radar , one thing I will say of those who had it , even after wearing a mask ,mask did not work , South Dakota and Fl have both proven mask are not quite what they were supposed to be . and if these states are fine with out a vaccine as well than maybe there is something to that . this is just my opinion from the facts and situations presented around me . I do know I am sick of seeing these mask laying around .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

Resurrecting a slightly old thread.

It appears that lumber prices have come down 40% since last month's peak when we were all complaining. They're still kind of high, and they may stay that way. But, let's hope not.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

A friend of ours is building a new home, he just bought the truss's and plywood last week, cost was 22k , no joist or studs . home is appx 1000 sq ft .
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Hobbyman2 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:05 pm A friend of ours is building a new home, he just bought the truss's and plywood last week, cost was 22k , no joist or studs . home is appx 1000 sq ft .
Translation, Please.

How much would you have expected the truss's to have cost before these "unexpected increases"?

BTW - Have you been to a lumber yard lately? Is there an obvious lack of materials? Certainly NOT where I have looked. Houses are being built as fast as the construction crews can make it happen.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Fortunately supply and demand appear to be working well in the lumber futures market as prices are now crashing. Below is the 6 month chart for lumber futures showing things seem to be getting back to "normal". Assuming it will still take a couple of months for the price at the big box stores to track this drop, but I am no expert. I haven't shopped lately so I have no first hand experience. Has anyone seen prices start to drop yet in the retail market?
LumberFutures.jpg
LumberFutures.jpg (19.84 KiB) Viewed 9383 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

dusty wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 am
Hobbyman2 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:05 pm A friend of ours is building a new home, he just bought the truss's and plywood last week, cost was 22k , no joist or studs . home is appx 1000 sq ft .
Translation, Please.

How much would you have expected the truss's to have cost before these "unexpected increases"?

BTW - Have you been to a lumber yard lately? Is there an obvious lack of materials? Certainly NOT where I have looked. Houses are being built as fast as the construction crews can make it happen.
--------------------
Thanks Dusty .

I have not bought trusses in many years , and when I did it depended on you truss and how it was built as to the cost , my garage trusses are 28ft and two story , If I recall they were under 50.00 each delivered , but that was years ago .

I have been to what is called a lumber yrd but IMO it is not close to what a true lumber yard was .

Lowes had 2x4x8 ft , 9.89 ea ????? 2x6x8 were over 15.00ea , as to the construction here , it is practically non existent .
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

RFGuy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:02 pm Fortunately supply and demand appear to be working well in the lumber futures market as prices are now crashing. Below is the 6 month chart for lumber futures showing things seem to be getting back to "normal". Assuming it will still take a couple of months for the price at the big box stores to track this drop, but I am no expert. I haven't shopped lately so I have no first hand experience. Has anyone seen prices start to drop yet in the retail market?

LumberFutures.jpg

---------------

Was at big box tonight , no price change yet and the yard was vacant .
bainin
Platinum Member

Post by bainin »

I've been waiting on buying some OSB to finish expanding the attic floor space for months.
Prices still hovering around $50-60 for a 4x8 ...

b
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

LOL Prices are dropping 2x4 ??? https://www.menards.com/main/building-m ... 988&ipos=3 FINAL PRICE $7.47
each

plywood ????????????// https://www.menards.com/main/building-m ... 672&ipos=7 FINAL PRICE $65.14
each