Best track saw ?

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Re: Best track saw ?

Post by thunderbirdbat »

I do like the track saw for getting a straight edge on a piece of wood as it makes jointing the edge faster. The hardwood sawmill/lumber yard I use cuts and planes boards S2S. Be aware that unless you purchase either a second sections of track and the connectors or a long track, you will have to keep the maximum length cuts to around 4 feet before having to reposition the track. When joining multiple tracks together be careful to ensure they line up square and straight. It is easy to get a slight angle at the join otherwise. Some of the cheaper tracks have had complaints about the ends not being cut square to the cutting edge which introduces an angle when the tracks are joined that can not be adjusted out without cutting the tracks.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
toolcurve
Bronze Member

Re: Best track saw ?

Post by toolcurve »

reible wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:55 pm Brenda much have been checking out my shop:

shoptoys1.jpg

shoptoys2.jpg

BTW the router attachment needed a little tender loving care to fit...... and a set of screws to mount it.

Ed
Thank you for the post Ed, on the Dewalt router adapter we are working on a micro-adjustable adapter for for all the routers which we should have out here soon. https://toolcurve.com/product/dewalt-ro ... ide-rails/

If you send me an email I can send a test sample of one for a plunge base router.