More of nature

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Re: More of nature

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Ed I hope you reconsider! I love these videos and I use YouTube but you post these to YouTube kids and while I can subscribe I can not turn on notifications. I think it has to do with using the YouTube for kids app. I do not want to download the app so I ask you to reconsider your decision to stop posting new links here or moving the videos the regular you tube.
Thanks
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I'm not sure what the issue is? I use a web browser to normally access and not an app, that is on the computer and use the standard youtube app on the tablets and phone. They don't require the use of the kids app to view.

The kids app does have it place as it protects young eyes from some of the junk that comes up. If I had kids I would have them using that app.

The reason for most of my videos being kid friendly is that I do not want comments to appear. I have had some comments that directed to places kids and and some cases anyone should be going. If I think of it I post the woodworking stuff as adult and have to monitor comments. Some have been very unkind and also not necessary. It they are bad enough I remove them. I get an email letting me know someone has posted a comment but I'm not sure how fast that happens.

If you are really having a problem I can of course keep posting them here. Been to busy of late to do much more then check on the videos, and will be adding another camera tomorrow. I hope with the wifi extender I can place it where I want. It will give a lot more of the backyard coverage that is lacking with the current setup. I would like to add yet another camera but current price for this last one was about $97. Have to see how my budget does in another month.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

On Sundays walk I came across a Pelican all by itself on the Fox River. We are on the flyway so it isn't often but when you are lucky you can see a small to medium size flock. They will be resting and eating on a river or lake normal a good distance away. I have only seen them in flocks, seeing a single individual has never happen before. No idea what that is about??

Of course it was on the opposite side of the river and I didn't have a tripod with

See if this works for a link:
qr-code(pelican h).jpg
qr-code(pelican h).jpg (43 KiB) Viewed 544 times
Ed
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

OK here are some updates and links.

A skunk has moved into our front yard.........

Our skunk story got a lot more interesting. To catch up you can watch this one, the busy skunk video here:

https://youtu.be/sARLsXpnuEU

What you would not know is that we had a woodchuck living up near the house last year. It had dug a nice hole right next to the foundation and moved in. Well it was OK until it decided to make trouble with our garden. I was able to convince it to move out before winter so I hope it had time to find a new home. I did not get to filling in the hole but had stuck some things down the hole that made it too tight for a woodchuck to fit in and a few other things to make it a bad choice for it.

As it turns out a skunk can fit in that hole and did just that.

I added a new camera right over the hole so I got all the comings and goings for the past almost week. Did I mention this is about 10 feet from our front door? Did I mention 10 feet is as far a skunk can spray? Also did I mention that skunks give birth here in IL about this time?

I decided to let things run it course. Then the skunk seems to have gotten to big for the hole??? or perhaps a cave in?? Now I have to wonder if there are some young in the hole...... So waiting to see what happens next. Or is this a new skunk trying to fit in a hole that is just too small?

We never see the skunks during the day. Nor is there any smell associated with them, well at least that we can detect.

This next video is a combination of what has been happening skunk wise in our yard.

https://youtu.be/Vnwzh_Tg6ow

Now if that wasn't enough a duck decide to walk in to our backyard............

https://youtu.be/iz5Y9AdfDcc

Ed