Support Table Upgrade Kit for the 520

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

kanedany
Bronze Member

Re: Support Table Upgrade Kit for the 520

Post by kanedany »

KCollins wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:42 am That's a cool trick. Didn't know I could do that. Thanks DLB...
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Support Table Upgrade Kit for the 520

Post by chapmanruss »

There are ways to extend your tables without adding additional accessories. The simplest for cutting larger panels is to use the floating tables as outfeed tables offset from the main table. Using connector tubes on the outfeed side of the main table, slide on a floating table on either side of the main table, then use a connector with the legs on the far side away from the main table to support the outfeed you have created. I know this has been shown in posts before, but I couldn't find one yet to show a picture.

Another way to use the floating tables which works for narrower stock is with the Infeed/Outfeed Extension Table Brackets P/N 555997 as shown at the link below. It works similar to what Doug Reid was doing in his video. I think it is a sturdier option but does require buying an additional accessory. For me it works very well.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... racket.htm

There is one downside to using the Infeed/Outfeed Extension Table Brackets for Infeed or Outfeed in that it limits the travel of the Miter on the Main Table. The first setup I suggested can use the Miter and would be better suited for that type of function. The Support Table you mentioned in your first post (as shown at the link below) does have slots to the Miter.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... ttable.htm
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.