Lathe turning stock

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rflaherty
Silver Member

Lathe turning stock

Post by rflaherty »

I just had to point this out: Hidden in the Shopsmith "Spring Project Days" catalog, among many other good deals, is a particularly good deal on lathe turning stock. Both spindle turning stock (555957) and bowl turning stock (522253) are available. I haven't used the spindle stock, but have made several very nice bowls from the bowl stock assortment. I received 10 pieces of various sizes and wood species, all well end-sealed and dried, and with no cracks. The wood species are a bit of a mystery, as they are not marked, but there is some beautiful figuring. For someone like me (in Montana), without local hardwood sources and few hardwoods to cut down, this is a real bargain.

Best wishes.

--Bob
Greenvilleguy
Gold Member

Post by Greenvilleguy »

Help! You are right that they are hidden. I've gone back through the catalog and still don't see it.

I did an item # search on the the website and all it says is a 17# package of bowl blanks.

What page is it on in the catalog?
saltbloc
Bronze Member

Stock Assortments

Post by saltbloc »

I found it. It's on the back of the order form, in center portion of the "Spring Project" catalog
Greenvilleguy
Gold Member

Post by Greenvilleguy »

Thanks, I would never of looked there! Now that I see it, I think I will order the bowl blanks. I have a variety of "green" blanks (barlett pear, wild cherry, oak, sweet gum) I've salvaged from here and there, but one can never have too much wood.