A few things you might want for yourself

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: A few things you might want for yourself

Post by reible »

I've gotten a 27mm to 2-1/4 adapter in. I have it pictured here on the shopsmith bandsaw but this is a cover that I modified and added the port to, so not sure how it will fit the OEM ports.
bsconn.jpg
bsconn.jpg (161.92 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
Now if it would only warm up enough for me to spend some time out in the shop.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
SteveMaryland
Gold Member

Post by SteveMaryland »

I don't own one of these but I can think of many cases where a few could come in handy (lifting radiators, ovens, furniture, benches etc). Looks like a good stocking stuffer to me.

Anyone own /use this type of device?
Attachments
WINBAG 1.GIF
WINBAG 1.GIF (193.54 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
Mark V, Model 555510, Serial No. 102689, purchased November 1989. Upgraded to 520
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Those are handy for a lot of things. Mine is more or less the same thing:
air shim.jpg
air shim.jpg (149.4 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
I really love the warning:
warning.jpg
warning.jpg (304.46 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
Ed
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Those are heavy duty lifters. Could certainly make good use of them. Not sure how flat these will get, seen inflatable shims for mounting doors in frames and I think I want them.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Mine measures 3/32" and will slip easily into an 1/8" space. Actually it pretty stiff so anything larger then the 3/32" I guess..........

Ed
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

I benefited from tow truck drivers using them on a few occasions to get into my work van when I had locked my keys in. :o
Eventually I got smart and now I carry a spare key in my wallet.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

It is amazing how much a little bag filling up with air can lift. I used larger types at work to lift vehicles, train cars and even large slabs of concrete among other things. This was from my work as a firefighter on our Technical Rescue Team. Ron, we used a bag of similar size as the one above to open locked vehicles and probably the same as your tow truck drivers. Much easier to use than the old "slim Jims" were. Unlike your tow truck driver opening a vehicle with the keys locked inside we used them for emergencies like an infant/child locked in a vehicle.

One thing to note about air bags is the rating is based on full surface contact. The higher the lift the less surface area is remaining in contact, so the capacity is reduced.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

reible wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:24 pm Mine measures 3/32" and will slip easily into an 1/8" space. Actually it pretty stiff so anything larger then the 3/32" I guess..........

Ed
That should do the job. I have a few doors that need to be re-hung. Actually two of the doors and frames should be totally replaced with quality versions.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

When I do my tool budget for the year I always have some dollars in it for a nice tool(s) from the likes of woodpecker or other name brand. This year the budget had $100 but I found what I wanted and it was a bit over that. I really wanted it so for a few more dollars so I went ahead and got it anyway.

So here is the unveiling.
bci1.jpg
bci1.jpg (163.43 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
The excitement builds!
bci2.jpg
bci2.jpg (152.6 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
And my hands get to feel the brand new shiny tool, but I put it down to get the picture.
bci3.jpg
bci3.jpg (124.33 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Didn't have time to play with it yet......

https://bridgecitytools.com/products/hp ... lock-plane

It is on sale right now if you are interested. With shipping and taxes it was $120.

If all goes right I hope to actually use it soon. Have a project that this will be perfect for.

Ed
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

NICE!