Urethane bandsaw tires walling off wheels?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

shara123
Bronze Member

Re: Urethane bandsaw tires walling off wheels?

Post by shara123 »

ribertgropius wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:46 pm About 5 years ago I purchased and installed a set of orange replacement tires on my older bandsaw (1960's vintage). The last time I used it I found the tire on the top wheel kept trying to walk off the wheel. Back when I installed them I cleaned off all the glue left from the old rubber tires, but the bandsaw gets very, very infrequent use.

1. Does it make sense to try to glue them in place?
2. Should I try buying a new set of tires to see if they stay in better?
3. Should I bite the bullet and buy new wheels?
subway surfers
Thoughts? Thanks.
Cleaning too often or not cleaning at all - Even if your bandsaw has never been lubricated, it can still start to show signs of wear and tear over time, especially if you use it frequently. If dirty bandsaw blades are allowed to accumulate on the saw’s table, they will eventually get stuck between the blade and table, causing vibration. This is especially common in older models that are not regularly cleaned. If you’re having trouble getting your blades clean, consider using an abrasive cleaner like XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Band Saw Blade Cleaner instead.