High Hopes hose adapter to track saw

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Re: High Hopes hose adapter to track saw

Post by reible »

The saw guard questions are answered over at:

viewtopic.php?t=27528&start=10

You will have to scroll down to see the lower guard with the adapter in place.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
RCZ
Gold Member

Re: High Hopes hose adapter to track saw

Post by RCZ »

Hello Andrew,

I missed this and so I am sorry for the delay in response to your question. No, the PC#314 had no factory dust port. The thing that Dino at EurekaZone had installed on his #314 looked like something he had fabbed in his shop. If I can find his video again, I will post it for your reference.

Rob

blackhawkhardware wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:11 pm
RCZ wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:41 pm Hello Andrew

I wish I had this product for my track saws back when I was using them on a daily basis! :)

It's a long shot that you would have enough interest to merit the work for development, but if so, I would love to have a fitting that would work on the old Porter Cable Model#314 4 1/2" trim saw. Years ago, Dino from Eureka Zone had a video on YT and he had fashioned an adapter for the PC#314. As far as I know, he never listed it for sale.

Rob
Does the Porter Cable Model#314 4 1/2" trim saw have a dust port? I was looking at pictures and it doesn't look like it has one?