Old American Woodworker Artical

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dcottrill
Gold Member

Old American Woodworker Artical

Post by dcottrill »

Does any one keep around old additions of American Woodworker that date back to the late 1980s early 1990s?

I'm looking for the addition that has a regulator clock on the front cover. It contains an article on a wood tool chest that I'm interested in getting a copy off. This so happens to be the same tool chest plans that were used at this summer's ShopSmith woodworking academy.

My local library never carried the magazine.
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Hi,

Just finished looking at my collection and no luck here, sorry.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
dcottrill
Gold Member

Post by dcottrill »

Thank you for looking. I figure it is going to be difficult to find a copy of the magazine.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Have you already tried contacting them directly?
Back Issues
Some of our past issues are still available for purchase.
To order back issues or article reprints, please contact us by:
Phone: 1-715-246-4521
Mail: American Woodworker Reprint Center, PO Box 83695, Stillwater, MN 55083-0695
Photocopies of articles are $3 each Back issues are $6 each. Some are no longer available.
Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express accepted
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
dcottrill
Gold Member

Post by dcottrill »

I tried my local library and on Monday plan on contacting American Woodworker Magazine. I expect that because of the publication date they may not have any old issues.

One would hope that they would have an archive of each issue and be able to pull information for customers. This is not always the case; as I found out with Wood Smith. I will try.

Thank you for the information.

Dan
horologist
Gold Member

Post by horologist »

The best equipped laundry room in the neighborhood...
pinkiewerewolf
Platinum Member

Post by pinkiewerewolf »

I know that Dan has been trying to get this information for some time now, its good to see the support from the forum.
I unfortunately don't have a copy but I'll be glad to look at the campus library if the info isn't in the previous post. College of the Redwoods has a great woodworking program and I've spent a few days looking at woodworking magazines instead of math books while in the library.
Shoot me a PM if you still need the help Dan.
John, aka. Pinkie. 1-520, 1-510 & a Shorty, OPR. 520 upgrade, Band Saw, Jig Saw, scroll saw, Jointer, Jointech Saw Train.:) Delta Benchtop planer, Makita LS1016L 10" sliding compound miter saw, Trojan manf. (US Made)Miter saw work center, MiniMax MM16 bandsaw.
Squire of the Shopsmith. ...hmmmm, maybe knave, pawn, or wretch would be more appropriate for me.:D
JPG
Platinum Member

vol V no 5

Post by JPG »

horologist wrote:Dan,
Would this be the issue?

http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Woodworker ... .m20.l1116
WOW!!! Talk about zeroing in on the target!!!! Good Job! Hope he can get it or pinkie gets copy of article for him!

Dan...are you following this????
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dcottrill
Gold Member

Post by dcottrill »

Wow!!!

This looks like it is the publication that it is suppose to be in. I'm forwarding the image of the cover to Nick to verify, with out being able to view the article in it labeled 'Woodworkers Tool Cabinet' it is difficult to be sure.

Thank you for "zeroing in on it".

Yes I've been persistently trying to zero in on these plans. When I get them I will share with the SS community.

Dan
etc92guy
Gold Member

Post by etc92guy »

Um....I do believe I have the copy. It may be in a box here at the Lake or possibly be in storage at my parents. I'll look tomorrow morning and let you know.