I thought I would introduce myself

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

penguy
Bronze Member

I thought I would introduce myself

Post by penguy »

As the S/N implies I enjoy turning pens.

I also am a Machinist by trade and own a small machine shop which I run as a home based business.

I have owned Quite a few SS's,which I have bought cheap and fixed them up and turned a small profit,but what is more important is I sell them to guys who could never afford a new one.

Well thats all for now, Jay
NRA LIFE MEMBER
ericolson
Gold Member

Post by ericolson »

Jay;

Welcome!! It'll be nice to have machinist to bounce questions off of every now and then.
Eric
Rock Creek Designs

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!
penguy
Bronze Member

Post by penguy »

Ask away, Email me if you wish.

I will answer any Questions as best I can.
NRA LIFE MEMBER
cranbrook2
Bronze Member

Post by cranbrook2 »

Hi and welcome penguy.:D
busybeaver
Bronze Member

New too

Post by busybeaver »

I've been around for several years on the SSusers group.. the current one and the original. I'm a retired (partially bionic) Industrial mechanic/machinist. Worked in the Pet Foods, Paper Products, and Edible Oils industry in all the crafts, and have worked wood as a hobby for over 40 years... making toys, games, and novelties. Originally a Craftsman Shop owner, I acquired a 510 and most important accessories about 7 yrs ago, and except the C. drillpress, the 510 is my core shop.
So I'm new to this forum, but not new to the 'chine or a lot of shop craft info. Hope I can be of assistance and continue in my own learning.
Dan
penguy wrote:As the S/N implies I enjoy turning pens.

I also am a Machinist by trade and own a small machine shop which I run as a home based business.

I have owned Quite a few SS's,which I have bought cheap and fixed them up and turned a small profit,but what is more important is I sell them to guys who could never afford a new one.

Well thats all for now, Jay