Lumber bonus today

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

garys
Platinum Member

Lumber bonus today

Post by garys »

I found a local guy who was selling the last few red oak rough sawn boards from a full pallet he bought. I ended up getting around 60 bd ft of the oak for around $0.80 a bd ft. That should keep me in oak for quiite a while.
Last edited by garys on Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLB
Platinum Member

Re: Lumber bonus today

Post by DLB »

garys wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:59 pm I found a local guy who was selling the last few white oak rough sawn boards from a full pallet he bought. I ended up getting around 60 bd ft of the oak for around $0.80 a bd ft. That should keep me in oak for quiite a while.
That seems like an incredibly good deal. Or at least it would be around here.

- David
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

It is incredible here too. We have no local hardwood growing in this part of the US so everything like that has to be imported from the East.

Now I have to wait for warmer weather to arrive so I can take my planer outdoors and plane all this rough sawn wood into nice boards. That probably won't happen just yet. After a weeklong cold snap last week of high temps around 0 and lows around -20 it has warmed up some this weekend and the forecast for next week is for highs in the +20s and +30s and lows around 0. I'll wait a few weeks for even warmer weather than that.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Nice !!

Don't tell any one with a SS they won't leave you alone lol !! :}
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)