Good cart for the stand alone scroll saw?

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jtp
Gold Member

Good cart for the stand alone scroll saw?

Post by jtp »

Howdy has anybody found any aftermarket replacements for those rectangular wheeled bases shopsmith made in the 90s for standalone tools? Seems SS doesn’t make them now on the website

this scrollsaw will fit the normal casters but the balance isn’t right and they constantly work loose and then the legs sag.

It’s a nice looking unit I want to clean up the rusty feet from this issue and be done with the problem

Thanks! - Tyler
edma194
Platinum Member

Re: Good cart for the stand alone scroll saw?

Post by edma194 »

This tool stand from Harbor Freight is similar to the ones used for the gray standalone scroll saws. Unfortunately it has no top to mount the saw to, you'd have to put a sheet of plywood or something on it, and no casters or easy way to attach them. I used a similar stand they have to mount a DeWalt planer on. I put a sheet of plywood on top to mount the planer and another on the bottom to attach some casters. It is sturdy enough.

It's not clear if you have an SS Scroll Saw or not. My standalone SS Scroll Saw stand did not come with casters, just leveling feet. I replaced the feet with these 2" locking casters that have been working fine so far.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
rogersk
Gold Member

Post by rogersk »

I think Harbor Freight makes these to go with their different metal stands. I don't know how well they work.

https://www.harborfreight.com/300-lb-ca ... 95288.html
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

edma194 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:32 am This tool stand from Harbor Freight is similar to the ones used for the gray standalone scroll saws. Unfortunately it has no top to mount the saw to, you'd have to put a sheet of plywood or something on it, and no casters or easy way to attach them. I used a similar stand they have to mount a DeWalt planer on. I put a sheet of plywood on top to mount the planer and another on the bottom to attach some casters. It is sturdy enough.
Unlike the other stand I used on the planer, the one I linked above does not have adjustable leg length. If you're adding additional length with casters that might matter to you.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
jtp
Gold Member

Post by jtp »

Ok I am gonna add casters

I appreciate the help gentlemen!