Grinding Wheel Guard Documentation?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

SSSteve24
Silver Member

Grinding Wheel Guard Documentation?

Post by SSSteve24 »

Just purchased a nice SS grinding wheel guard on ebay with 1 arbor and 2 - 4.5 inch Norton wheels. There's no documentation with it and I can't find anything on the SS website (I know they haven't sold this for a long time). Any ideas where I might find any documentation or if there were ever any docs worth having?
Mark V upgraded to Mk 7, all special purpose tools, power station, standalone pro planer, DC3300
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Grinding Wheel Guard Documentation?

Post by jsburger »

I have a copy of the manual. I can scan it tomorrow for you.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
SSSteve24
Silver Member

Post by SSSteve24 »

That would be amazing, thanks so much!!
Mark V upgraded to Mk 7, all special purpose tools, power station, standalone pro planer, DC3300
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Here it is. All 13 pages.
Attachments
Grinding_Wheel_Guard.pdf
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
SSSteve24
Silver Member

Post by SSSteve24 »

Thank you so much for that. Sorry I'm so slow in responding, I had some unfortunate happenings and just now got back here to download and thank you. This will be really helpful!
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Thanks to John for posting the Guard instructions. I didn't have them either. I ended up buying a used one a few years ago after trying to order one from Shopsmith. At that time they were having supplier issues and were unable to fill my order for it. I guess they have discontinued the Grinding Wheel Guard II since. The instructions John posted is for the Grinding Wheel Guard II which, as I understand it, is a bit different than the original Grinding Wheel Guard so if parts for your Guard do not match the ones in the instructions that is why.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.