shopsmith 10ER

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

beachc60
Bronze Member

shopsmith 10ER

Post by beachc60 »

Just picked up one of these old beauties. The only thing I haven't got for it is the lathe adaptors and plates suggestions on where to obtain them? Also a chuck key for the drill chuck a 3326 Jacobs.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: shopsmith 10ER

Post by JPG »

Lathe adapters, the mother ship(Shopsmith). Chuck key = k32 https://www.acehardware.com/departments ... lsrc=aw.ds
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

beachc60,

First off welcome to the Shopsmith Forum.

As JPG said those items are available from Shopsmith here on this website. The Shopsmith Model 10ER has the same size reverse tapered 5/8" diameter spindle end on the Quill Assembly as the current Mark series tools. Although there is a disclaimer on many of the items sold here through the product catalog as not being for earlier Shopsmith Models many of the accessories that attach to the Spindle or Quill will work on your Model 10ER. As an example, I have a Model 10E that was from the first shipment of Shopsmith's in 1947. Its Lathe Drive will fit on my Mark 7 and a new Lathe Drive will fit on my Model 10E. The only real changes to the Lathe Drive over the years besides part number changes was the set screw size and the addition of the black protective coating. The Tailstock accessories all use the #2 Moorse Taper and the Lathe Face Plates old or new are the same size.

As for the Drill Chuck Key the current 1/2' Drill Chuck Key supplied by Shopsmith is a different size than the Jacobs 3326 Drill Chuck Key. I have bought replacements for the 3326 Chuck locally and is Jacobs' part # 30251. It's the same one shown in the link JPG gave and my local Ace store is where I bought mine.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
millyvance
Bronze Member

Post by millyvance »

Thx Russ...all clear for me
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

SPAM There are two hidden links in the above post.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

:D Not any more! :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange