VEVOR 4 JAW CHUCK

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

DellCornish
Bronze Member

VEVOR 4 JAW CHUCK

Post by DellCornish »

Hi, I have just received a Vevor 4 Jaw self Centering chuck. The description on Amazon said it was a 1" 8tpi so I order a shop smith adaptor. It turns out the chuck thread is M33 x 3.5 (about 1&1/4") - I wonder if any one else has found the best adaptor solution to fit it onto my Mk V??
oldnavy
Bronze Member

Re: VEVOR 4 JAW CHUCK

Post by oldnavy »

It seams that you need to remove the included adaptor to use a shopsmith adaptor

From the amazon description
"Simple Operation: This complete lathe chuck set features an adaptor that change 1''x 8TPI into M33 x 3.5TPI. A set of installation tools can bring much convenience to your operation."
DellCornish
Bronze Member

Re: VEVOR 4 JAW CHUCK

Post by DellCornish »

Thank you, I did find the correct adaptor "hidden" in the Chuck packaging and it does fit (my bad for not looking properly). Although It does seem to "wobble" very slightly while turning the concave side of a bowl. It maybe that the chuck is too heavy. I think I am quickly finding the limitations of the MK V for bowl turning. Unless the blank is perfectly balanced the machine vibrates across the floor!