How Do I Determine The Age of my Mark VII?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

SmithWRX
Bronze Member

How Do I Determine The Age of my Mark VII?

Post by SmithWRX »

I've had serious difficulty trying to find a resource to determine the age of my Mark VII. Also, is there a list of the accessories that would have come with the machine? I'd really appreciate some assistance.
Attachments
Mark VII.jpg
Mark VII.jpg (115.06 KiB) Viewed 612 times
lahola1
Gold Member

Re: How Do I Determine The Age of my Mark VII?

Post by lahola1 »

Here is a list of serial numbers and dates.
Hopefully someone will chime in on any accessories different from the MKV. I think most of them are the same as MKV.
Attachments
ss mark vii dates.png
ss mark vii dates.png (55.54 KiB) Viewed 595 times
SS Mark VII(sn 405025), SSband saw, SS 4" jointer, Older SS Mark V w/DC treadmill motor,
Smithy SuperShop 720, Powerkraft RAS,Craftsman RAS, Ridgid TS2412 Table Saw,
Delta 12" planer
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

SmithWRX, Welcome to the Shopsmith Forum.

Do keep in mind that the post above of a previous post of mine is an estimate only. To my knowledge, other than the sales history, there have been no other records found.

As for differences in the accessories for the Mark VII compared to the Mark 5 or V there were a few. The Miter, Lathe Tool Rest Assembly and Tailstock were different but could use the Mark 5/V ones instead. The Mark VII Table was deeper and so the fence is longer. The Shaper Fence mounts differently for the Mark VII which mounts in the two holes to the right side of the table insert. The Mark 5/V Shaper Fence for the original table system aka 500 does not fit the Mark VII and neither does the Shaper Fence for the other Mark V models and the Mark 7 & 4. Hopefully JPG who owns a Mark VII will verify this and add any additional differences.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
SmithWRX
Bronze Member

Post by SmithWRX »

Thank you for the information, I’ll admit, I am overwhelmed with the scope of the machine and trying to determine if the unit I have is complete.
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

The information in this Mark VII disassembly/assembly thread should be helpful.
viewtopic.php?t=11373

And, there is a book by R J De Cristoforo, author of Power Tool Woodworking for Everyone, that covers all the functions of the Mark VII in the same way, titled . Modern Power Tool Woodworking

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Search ... ults&ds=20
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,